Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Halls

View as Grid List
Sort by

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the crematorium see from across the processional way, with the Chapel of the Holy Cross on the right

RIBA132335
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The granite cross was designed by Asplund in 1939. See RIBA158087 for a colour version of this image.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the granite Way of the Cross with the Chapel of the Holy Cross beyond

RIBA132336
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The granite cross was designed by Asplund in 1939.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the granite Way of the Cross with the Chapel of the Holy Cross beyond

RIBA132337
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The granite cross was designed by Asplund in 1939. See RIBA158088 for a colour version of this image.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: detail of the 'wilting clock' in the portico of the Monument Hall

RIBA132338
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Monument Hall and Chapel of the Holy Cross portico

RIBA132340
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund (1935-1940). In the background is the Resurrection Monument of 1930 by John Lundqvist. See RIBA155195 for a colour version of this image.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Monument Hall and Chapel of the Holy Cross, with the Resurrection Monument on the far right

RIBA132341
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels.The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund (1935-1940) and the Resurrection Monument by Lundquist was originally shown at the 1930 Stockholm Exhibition. See RIBA132326 for a black and white version of this image.

Snellman House, Djursholm, Stockholm: the upper hall on the first floor

RIBA132346
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: This is the first major work by Asplund designed for the banker Snellman in 1917-1919. See RIBA158726 for a colour version of this image.

Westminster Hall, Palace of Westminster, London

RIBA132395
Herland, Hugh
NOTES: See RIBA158269 for a colour version of this image.

Westminster Hall, Palace of Westminster, London

RIBA132397
Herland, Hugh
NOTES: See RIBA158270 for a colour version of this image.

Mary Ward Settlement (Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings), Tavistock Place, London: the hall, looking west to the main entrance

RIBA134786
Smith & Brewer
NOTES: The Mary Ward Settlement (originally known as the Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings) was founded in the 1890s by Mary Augusta Ward under the financial patronage of John Passmore Edwards. It aimed to provide facilities to 'improve the the religious, moral, intellectual or physical well-being of the people of London' and was also notable for housing the first fully equipped classrooms for children with disabilities. See RIBA155150 for a colour version of this image.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE