Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Halls

View as Grid List
Sort by

Petersfield County Infants School, Petersfield, Hampshire: the assembly hall / gymnasium

RIBA132083
Plincke Leaman & Browning
NOTES: This was a refurbishment, with additions by the architects Plinke Leaman & Browning to a school of 1894. See RIBA132070 for a black and white version of this image.

Petersfield County Infants School, Petersfield, Hampshire: the new assembly hall in use as a gymnasiuim

RIBA132084
Plincke Leaman & Browning
NOTES: This was a refurbishment, with additions by the architects Plinke Leaman & Browning to a school of 1894. See RIBA132073 for a black and white version of this image.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the first-floor hall showing detail of lectern used to announce the timing of cases

RIBA132259
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Monument Hall and Chapel of the Holy Cross, with the Resurrection Monument on the far right

RIBA132326
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund (1935-1940) and the Resurrection Monument by Lundquist was originally shown at the 1930 Stockholm Exhibition. See RIBA132341 for a colour version of this image.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Monument Hall and Chapel of the Holy Cross

RIBA132327
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the junction between the Chapel of the Holy Cross and the Monument Hall

RIBA132329
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Monument Hall and Chapel of the Holy Cross portico

RIBA132330
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the crematorium see from across the processional way, with the Chapel of the Holy Cross on the right

RIBA132335
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The granite cross was designed by Asplund in 1939.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the granite Way of the Cross with the Chapel of the Holy Cross beyond

RIBA132336
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The granite cross was designed by Asplund in 1939.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the granite Way of the Cross with the Chapel of the Holy Cross beyond

RIBA132337
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The granite cross was designed by Asplund in 1939.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: detail of the 'wilting clock' in the portico of the Monument Hall

RIBA132338
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Monument Hall and Chapel of the Holy Cross portico

RIBA132340
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund (1935-1940). In the background is the Resurrection Monument of 1930 by John Lundqvist. See RIBA155195 for a colour version of this image.
Categories
)
CLOSE