Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Halls

View as Grid List
Sort by

Business Design Centre (originally the Royal Agricultural Hall), Islington, London: the main hall

RIBA118080
Peck, Frederick (1827 or 8-1875)
NOTES: Originally designed as a base for the Smithfield Show, the Royal Agricultural Hall was converted into a trade and exhibition centre by the Renton Howard Wood Levin Partnership in 1984-1986. The wrought iron roof spans 123 feet, with ironwork by Andrew Handyside & Co of Derby.

Business Design Centre (originally the Royal Agricultural Hall), Islington, London: the roof structure in the main hall

RIBA118082
Peck, Frederick (1827 or 8-1875)
NOTES: Originally designed as a base for the Smithfield Show, the Royal Agricultural Hall was converted into a trade and exhibition centre by the Renton Howard Wood Levin Partnership in 1984-1986. The wrought iron roof spans 123 feet, with ironwork by Andrew Handyside & Co of Derby.

Newark Park, Ozleworth, Gloucestershire: the main hall with apsidal ends

RIBA118615
Wyatt, James (1746-1813)
NOTES: Former hunting lodge enlarged to private house. Built circa 1550 for Sir Nicholas Poyntz of Iron Acton, reputedly with stone from the destroyed Kingswood Abbey. It was enlarged in the early 17th-century into an H-plan. Formed into a square and remodelled by James Wyatt in Gothick style probably in 1790s for the Reverend Lewis Clutterbuck, a service wing was added in 1897. The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1949 and restored from 1970-1984.

Newark Park, Ozleworth, Gloucestershire: the hall with apsidal ends

RIBA118618
Wyatt, James (1746-1813)
NOTES: Former hunting lodge enlarged to private house. Built circa 1550 for Sir Nicholas Poyntz of Iron Acton, reputedly with stone from the destroyed Kingswood Abbey. It was enlarged in the early 17th-century into an H-plan. Formed into a square and remodelled by James Wyatt in Gothick style probably in 1790s for the Reverend Lewis Clutterbuck, a service wing was added in 1897. The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1949 and restored from 1970-1984.

Red House, Bexleyheath, London: the hall and stairs seen from the upper landing

RIBA119995
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: Philip Webb designed the building for his friend the artist William Morris, but Morris was responsible for the interior decoration. See RIBA155636 for a colour version of this image.

National Union of Teachers (NUT) headquarters, Hamilton House, London: the central lightwell prior to construction

RIBA120696
Chadwick, Hulme (1910-1977)
NOTES: In 1962 a new conference hall, designed by the architect Hulme Chadwick, was built over the central lightwell of Hamilton House, a building of 1914, from basement to first-floor level.

National Union of Teachers (NUT) headquarters, Hamilton House, London: the central lightwell during construction of the new hall

RIBA120697
Chadwick, Hulme (1910-1977)
NOTES: In 1962 a new conference hall, designed by the architect Hulme Chadwick, was built over the central lightwell of Hamilton House, a building of 1914, from basement to first-floor level.

National Union of Teachers (NUT) headquarters, Hamilton House, London: the new conference hall set up for a presentation

RIBA120698
Chadwick, Hulme (1910-1977)
NOTES: In 1962 a new conference hall, designed by the architect Hulme Chadwick, was built over the central lightwell of Hamilton House, a building of 1914, from basement to first-floor level. The new hall included an entrance foyer, small gallery and projection room. The interior seen here was decorated with brilliantly coloured abstract murals by Keith Godwin, which run the full length of the aisle walls on both sides.

National Union of Teachers (NUT) headquarters, Hamilton House, London: the new conference hall looking towards the stage

RIBA120699
Chadwick, Hulme (1910-1977)
NOTES: In 1962 a new conference hall, designed by the architect Hulme Chadwick, was built over the central lightwell of Hamilton House, a building of 1914, from basement to first-floor level. The new hall included an entrance foyer, small gallery and projection room. The interior seen here was decorated with brilliantly coloured abstract murals by Keith Godwin, which run the full length of the aisle walls on both sides.

Trades Union Congress Memorial Building, Great Russell Street, London: the conference hall

RIBA120778
Aberdeen, David du Rieu (1913-1987)
NOTES: This building was awarded the RIBA Bronze Medal London Architecture for 1958.

Trades Union Congress Memorial Building, Great Russell Street, London: the conference hall from the basement foyer

RIBA120779
Aberdeen, David du Rieu (1913-1987)
NOTES: This building was awarded the RIBA Bronze Medal London Architecture for 1958.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE