Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Guildhalls

View as Grid List
Sort by

Guildhall, Victoria Park, Swansea

RIBA24584
Thomas, Sir Percy Edward (1883-1969)
NOTES: The Guildhall was, prior to local government re-organisation in 1996, the headquarters for the former Swansea City Council. The Guildhall complex comprises the City Hall, Brangwyn concert hall and the County Law Courts for Swansea. The Swansea Crown Court is now located in a building immediately opposite the Guildhall.

Guildhall, Victoria Park, Swansea: the Council Chamber

RIBA24585
Thomas, Sir Percy Edward (1883-1969)
NOTES: The Guildhall was, prior to local government re-organisation in 1996, the headquarters for the former Swansea City Council. The Guildhall complex comprises the City Hall, Brangwyn concert hall and the County Law Courts for Swansea. The Swansea Crown Court is now located in a building immediately opposite the Guildhall.

Old Market Hall and Town Square, Shrewsbury, Shropshire

RIBA29236
NOTES: James Ayton Symington was the illustrator of county guides and children's books, and this particular topographical drawing is one one of a number drawn between 1890 and 1897 depicting English market places. The drawings were probably intended as illustrations for a book or article but were possibly never published.

New Council House (Guildhall), Old Market Square, Salisbury: perspective view with a market taking place

RIBA31365
Taylor, Sir Robert (1714-1788)
NOTES: The 'New Council House' was designed by Sir Robert Taylor and completed in 1795 following the destruction of the previous 'Old Council House' in 1780.

Sketches of stained glass windows from the Guildhall, London: coats-of-arms surmounted by helmet motifs

RIBA32175
NOTES: These sketches appear to have been copied from a manuscript in the Landsdowne collection, British Library, London.

Design for Guildhall Library and Museum, London

RIBA37869
Jones, Sir Horace (1819-1887)
NOTES: This image is a photograph of an original drawing.

Design for Guildhall Library and Museum, London: interior of the museum and plans of the library and museum floors

RIBA37870
Jones, Sir Horace (1819-1887)
NOTES: This image is a photograph of an original drawing.

Design for Guildhall Library and Museum, London: interior of the library

RIBA37871
Jones, Sir Horace (1819-1887)
NOTES: This image is a photograph of an original drawing.

Guildhall, City of London: the south front, prior to the construction of the new precinct

RIBA39294
Dance, George, the Younger (1741-1825)
NOTES: The Guildhall dates back to the 15th century, built by the master mason John Croxton from 1411-c. 1429. It was restored in 1864-1868 and re-roofed 1953-1954 by Giles Gilbert Scott. The two-storey porch of 1425-1430, survived the Great Fire, was added to in 1671, but its lower storey was incorporated into a new porch designed by George Dance the Younger in 1788-1789. On the western side is Dance's plain office range of 1787-1791, which was demolished and replaced by a seven-storey block by Richard Gilbert Scott in 1969-1975, as part of the new precinct. To the right is the Irish Chamber, built 1824-1825 by Joseph Walker, which was retained.
)
CLOSE