NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. This granite, black and red marble tomb in Italian Gothic style was designed by E. M. Barry and erected in 1858.
NOTES: This three-hinged arch steel bridge that spans the Seine connects the Grand and Petit Palais on the right bank with the HÃ´tel des Invalides on the left bank. It was designed by Joseph Marie Cassien-Bernard and Gaston Cousin and was built in 1897-1900 for 'l'Exposition Universelle 1900.