Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Granite

View as Grid List
Sort by

Civic Centre, Paisley (Phases 2 and 3): details of the hard landscaping with granite setts and concrete benches

RIBA78229
Hutchison Locke & Monk
NOTES: Paisley Civic Centre was built in four phases from 1969-1973. Phase 1 was completed in 1969, Phases 2 and 3 were completed by 1972 and Phase 4 containing the dining facilities was finished in early 1973. The council suite and chamber for both the county (Renfrew) and the borough (Paisley), which were part of Phase 4, were put on hold pending local government reorganisation.

Designs for remodelling the facade of the Naval Bank (Messrs Harris, Mudge & Co.), Whimple Street, Plymouth: plan, elevation and section of part of the new granite facade

RIBA83232
Wightwick, George (1802-1872)
NOTES: This design is one of a number of drawings bound into five volumes entitled 'Architectural works of George Wightwick', made between 1832 and 1850. Wightwick instructed his articled pupils to make this detailed set of retrospective drawings to illustrate every building of importance he had designed. The drawings were intended to serve both as a record of Wightwick's completed buildings and as a method of conveying to his students the design process from initial working design to finished structure.

Southwark Bridge, London: one of the pedestrian alcoves

RIBA102680
Ernest George & Yeates
NOTES: Mott Hay & Handerson were the engineers for the bridge, which replaced Rennie's original of 1814-1819. Ernest George was responsible for the architectural treatment, such as the granite piers, the pedestrian alcove and other embellishments. Construction began in 1913 and the bridge was opened by King George V on 6 June 1921.

Southwark Bridge, London, with the dome of St Paul's Cathedral behind

RIBA102681
Ernest George & Yeates
NOTES: Mott Hay & Handerson were the engineers for the bridge, which replaced Rennie's original of 1814-1819. Ernest George was responsible for the architectural treatment, such as the granite piers, the pedestrian alcove and other embellishments. Construction began in 1913 and the bridge was opened by King George V on 6 June 1921.

Southwark Bridge, London, with the dome of St Paul's Cathedral behind

RIBA102682
Ernest George & Yeates
NOTES: Mott Hay & Handerson were the engineers for the bridge, which replaced Rennie's original of 1814-1819. Ernest George was responsible for the architectural treatment, such as the granite piers, the pedestrian alcove and other embellishments. Construction began in 1913 and the bridge was opened by King George V on 6 June 1921.
Close
)
CLOSE