NOTES: Butterfield was appointed architect for the new Anglican cathedral in Melbourne in 1877; the foundation stone was laid in 1880; and the cathedral was consecrated in 1891. Butterfield had resigned in 1886 and the cathedral was finished under the direction of a local architect, J. Reed. Neither the fittings nor the exterior were completed to Butterfield's designs. It was only in 1926 that construction of the three spires began to a design by John Barr of Sydney which replaced Butterfield's planned but unbuilt octagonal central tower and gable west end towers.
NOTES: This partial view of Eaton Hall shows the new porte cochère, grand stair and Library Wing that Waterhouse added to the Burn/Porden mansion. The date makes it clear that this is a presentation drawing prepared to show the client the appearance of what was being proposed.