NOTES: The Government House was originally built 1855-1858 by Charles St. George Cleverly the second Surveyor General of Hong Kong. It was subsequently altered and added to in 1891 and in 1941-1945 during Japanese occupation, when the Japanese architect Seichi Fujimura added a tower and roof elements. See RIBA130296 for a black and white version of this image.
NOTES: The Courts of Justice or Legislative Council building was designed by Aston Webb and Ingress Bell in 1912. The Cenotaph which is an exact copy of the one in London by Sir Edwin Lutyens dates from 1923. See RIB130299 for a black and white version of this image.