NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from 1331. The majority of the interior of the church dates from the 15th century when the roofs of the nave and aisles were built. The west tower was rebuilt in 1863 by George E. Street after the original tower collapsed.
NOTES: Begun 1763 and completed 1774. It replaced earlier and less extensive fortifications and was considered the second largest colonial military installation in the New World. The gateway has been attributed to the Spanish engineer from Cadiz. See RIBA155419 for a colour version of this image.
NOTES: Harlaxton was begun in 1832 by Salvin and was substantially complete by 1844. But the owner (Gregory Gregory) commissioned William Burn to work on the interior and embellish the exterior, which continued up to Gregory's death in 1854. See RIBA159088 for a colour version of this image.