Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Gateways

View as Grid List
Sort by

Friary ruins, Burnham Norton, Norfolk: the gatehouse

RIBA136571
NOTES: This is the remains of a Carmelite monastery founded in 1242-1247, the first in Norfolk. It was enlarged in 1249 and 1353.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge: the gateway into the First Court with the chapel on the right

RIBA136590
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century. The pedimented gateway dates from 1751.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge, seen from Trumpington Street with the chapel on the left and the Fellow's accommodation on the right

RIBA136591
Burrough, Sir James (1691-1764)
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century. The three-storey Palladian block of Fellow's accommodation on the right was built in 1754-1756 by Sir James Burrough.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge, with the Fellow's accommodation on the right

RIBA136592
Burrough, Sir James (1691-1764)
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century. The three-storey Palladian block of Fellow's accommodation on the right was built in 1754-1756 by Sir James Burrough.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge: detail of the gateway

RIBA136593
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century. The pedimented gateway is dates from 1751.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge

RIBA136595
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century. The pedimented gateway dates from 1751.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge, with the gateway on the left

RIBA136601
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century. The pedimented gateway dates from 1751.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge, seen from the north

RIBA136603
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century. The two pedimented gateways date from 1751.

Fort Canning Park, Singapore: the Fort Arch

RIBA136882
NOTES: Orignally built as a garrsion it is now a public park.

Tom Tower, Christ Church, Oxford, seen from Pembroke Square

RIBA137292
Wren, Sir Christopher (1632-1723)
NOTES: The lower part of Tom Tower was built during the time of Cardinal Thomas Wolsey who founded the college in 1525. The upper part was added by Christopher Wren in 1681-1682.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE