NOTES: The house was rebuilt by an unknown architect, probably Daniel Marot, between 1688 and 1696 for Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset. It was remodelled after a fire in 1714, and further altered in 1756-1763 by Matthew Brettingham the elder, and in 1774-1779 by Matthew Brettingham the younger.
NOTES: This town house was first built in 1727-1760. Following bombing during World War II, only the facade remains of the original building. After the war the rest of the building was reconstructed as closely as possible to the original.