Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Gardens

View as Grid List
Sort by

Syon House, Isleworth, London: the Great Conservatory

RIBA6076
Fowler, Charles (1792-1867)

A Polish hut

RIBA6200
Papworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
SOURCE: John Buonarotti Papworth. Hints on ornamental gardening (London, 1823), pl. 12

Large garden building or summer house in a Chinese style

RIBA6213
Landi, Gaetano
SOURCE: Gaetano Landi. Architectural decorations (London, 1810), unnumbered plate [10th after pl. 18]

View from the cottage of Humphry Repton at Hare Street, Essex, after proposed alterations

RIBA6215
Repton, Humphry (1752-1818)
SOURCE: Humphry Repton. Fragments on the theory and practice of landscape gardening (London, 1816), after p. 232

Designs for garden furniture and bridges

RIBA6391
SOURCE: Gijsbert van Laar. Magazijn van tuin-sieraaden (Amsterdam [1819?]), pl. X

Forcing garden in winter

RIBA6392
SOURCE: Humphry Repton. Fragments on the theory and practice of landscape gardening (London, 1816), before p. 169 NOTES: The aquatint plates in the book are almost certainly all engraved from drawings made by Humphry Repton or his son, John Adey Repton.

Wendover Manor, Buckinghamshire

RIBA6474
Devey, George (1820-1886)

Red House, Bexleyheath, London

RIBA6478
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: Philip Webb designed the building for his friend the artist William Morris, but Morris was responsible for the interior decoration.

Palazzo Borromeo, Isola Bella, Lago Maggiore: view of the garden

RIBA6500
Crivelli, Giovanni Angelo (fl. 17th century)
NOTES: Palazzo Borromeo was commissioned by Carlo III in 1632 and dedicated to his wife Isabella D'Adda, from whom the island takes its name. Construction of the house and design of its gardens was entrusted to Angelo Crivelli and completed by Carlo Fontana. The gardens were inaugurated in 1671.

Palazzo Borromeo, Isola Bella, Lago Maggiore: view of the garden, lake and mountains beyond

RIBA6501
Crivelli, Giovanni Angelo (fl. 17th century)
NOTES: Palazzo Borromeo was commissioned by Carlo III in 1632 and dedicated to his wife Isabella D'Adda, from whom the island takes its name. Construction of the house and design of its gardens was entrusted to Angelo Crivelli and completed by Carlo Fontana. The gardens were inaugurated in 1671.
Close
)
CLOSE