Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Gardens

View as Grid List
Sort by

Trentham Hall and gardens, Trentham: the clock tower and orangery wing

RIBA150145
Barry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
NOTES: Between 1835-1844, Barry substantially remodelled and enlarged the earlier 17th century house on the site for the second Duke of Sutherland, who inherited the estate in 1833. Built in the Italianate style its setting is within an 18th century landscape designed by Capability Brown. In 1910-1911, the bulk of the house was demolished. See RIBA161984 for a colour version of this image.

Trentham Hall and gardens, Trentham: detail of the orangery wing

RIBA150146
Barry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
NOTES: Between 1835-1844, Barry substantially remodelled and enlarged the earlier 17th century house on the site for the second Duke of Sutherland, who inherited the estate in 1833. Built in the Italianate style its setting is within an 18th century landscape designed by Capability Brown. In 1910-1911, the bulk of the house was demolished. See RIBA161985 for a colour version of this image.

Trentham Hall and gardens, Trentham: the garden pavilion

RIBA150149
Barry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
NOTES: Between 1835-1844, Barry substantially remodelled and enlarged the earlier 17th century house on the site for the second Duke of Sutherland, who inherited the estate in 1833. Built in the Italianate style its setting is within an 18th century landscape designed by Capability Brown. In 1910-1911, the bulk of the house was demolished. See RIBA161987 for a colour version of this image.

Trentham Hall and gardens, Trentham: detail of the capital on the garden pavilion

RIBA150150
Barry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
NOTES: Between 1835-1844, Barry substantially remodelled and enlarged the earlier 17th century house on the site for the second Duke of Sutherland, who inherited the estate in 1833. Built in the Italianate style its setting is within an 18th century landscape designed by Capability Brown. In 1910-1911, the bulk of the house was demolished. See RIBA161988 for a colour version of this image.

Copies of material on Voysey, held by John Brandon-Jones: the Summer-house, Holly Mount, near Beaconsfield

RIBA150217
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: This copy image is from the collection of John Brandon-Jones, architect (1908-1999), who had worked with the partnership of Charles Cowles-Voysey from 1933.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: the walled garden

RIBA150395
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161382 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: a garden seat

RIBA150396
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161383 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: the walled garden

RIBA150398
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161385 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife

RIBA150399
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161386 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife

RIBA150400
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161387 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife

RIBA150401
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife

RIBA150402
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161388 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE