NOTES: Built as the palace of the Prince-Bishops to the plans of Balthasar Neumann, though modified by Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt and Johann Maxmilian von Welsch. The abduction of Proserpine was by Johann Peter Alexander Wagner, who was appointed court sculptor to Prince-Bishop Adam Friedrich von Seinsheim in 1771 and carried out several works for him over the next decade.
NOTES: The house was designed by Devey for Valentine Augustus Browne, 4th Earl of Kenmare in 1877-1883. The plan was Z shaped, with the east wing terminating in a chapel and the west wing housing the offices. The entrance front or north front had a porte cochere leading to a wide corridor which ran across the entrance front and gave access to the main rooms. The garden front or south front had Dutch and plain gables and bay windows. The house was gutted by fire in 1913 and demolished in 1956.