Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Gardens

View as Grid List
Sort by

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: the garden store roof with carved monkey

RIBA150413
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161397 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: the garden house roof with its carved monkeys

RIBA150414
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: the topiary garden

RIBA150415
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: detail of the inscription on the gateway in the east wall of the topiary garden

RIBA150416
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161398 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: the topiary garden

RIBA150417
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161399 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: the summer house with sundial in front

RIBA150418
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161400 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: detail of paving

RIBA150419
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161401 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife

RIBA150420
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161402 for a colour version of this image.

Earlshall, Leuchars, Fife: detail of window with ogee carved lintel

RIBA150421
Lorimer, Sir Robert Stodart (1864-1929)
NOTES: Earlshall is a 16th tower house builit for the Bruces of Earlshall, begun in 1546 and completed in 1617. It was restored in the 1890s by Robert Lorimer, who also laid out the walled garden. See RIBA161403 for a colour version of this image.

Folly Farm, Sulhamstead, Berkshire: the Dutch canal

RIBA150439
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Folly Farm was a 17th century farmhouse, which was extended twice by Lutyens in the early 20th century. First, shortly after 1906 by the new owner H.H. Cochrane, who employed Lutyens to enlarge the house for him, and produced a relatively small, dolls-house-like extension in a late 17th century style. He also (with the help of Jekyll), laid out the first phase of the garden in a simple manner, adjacent to the east and south fronts. In 1912 the house was bought by Zachary Merton who also employed Lutyens to extend the house to the west in his `Surrey style'. At the same time a parterre garden was created and a Dutch canal replaced previous tennis courts, with planting advice from Jekyll. See RIBA161455 for a colour version of this image.

Folly Farm, Sulhamstead, Berkshire: the sunken rose garden

RIBA150440
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Folly Farm was a 17th century farmhouse, which was extended twice by Lutyens in the early 20th century. First, shortly after 1906 by the new owner H.H. Cochrane, who employed Lutyens to enlarge the house for him, and produced a relatively small, dolls-house-like extension in a late 17th century style. He also (with the help of Jekyll), laid out the first phase of the garden in a simple manner, adjacent to the east and south fronts. In 1912 the house was bought by Zachary Merton who also employed Lutyens to extend the house to the west in his `Surrey style'. At the same time a parterre garden was created and a Dutch canal replaced previous tennis courts, with planting advice from Jekyll. See RIBA161456 for a colour version of this image.

Folly Farm, Sulhamstead, Berkshire: the gardens

RIBA150441
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Folly Farm was a 17th century farmhouse, which was extended twice by Lutyens in the early 20th century. First, shortly after 1906 by the new owner H.H. Cochrane, who employed Lutyens to enlarge the house for him, and produced a relatively small, dolls-house-like extension in a late 17th century style. He also (with the help of Jekyll), laid out the first phase of the garden in a simple manner, adjacent to the east and south fronts. In 1912 the house was bought by Zachary Merton who also employed Lutyens to extend the house to the west in his `Surrey style'. At the same time a parterre garden was created and a Dutch canal replaced previous tennis courts, with planting advice from Jekyll. See RIBA161457 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE