Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Friezes

View as Grid List
Sort by

Shop for Kodak Limited, Regent Street, London

RIBA11158
Walton, George (1867-1933)

Designs for the Reform Club, Pall Mall, London: wall with chimneypiece

RIBA12847
Barry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
NOTES: From the Moulton-Barrett Volume (p. 124), a volume of originals and tracings of office drawings collected by Octavius Barrett during the time he worked in Barry's office.

Design for 'The Grape Stripe'

RIBA13122
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)

Booth's Gin Distillery, 83-85 Turnmill Street, Clerkenwell, London

RIBA14518
Mountford, Edward William (1855-1908)
NOTES: This site was redeveloped and the ornate facade of the distllery was re-erected at 55 Britton Street in 1975 as a condition of the demolition of the original building.

Lincoln Cathedral: carved frieze above the south niche of the west front

RIBA14881
NOTES: The building of the cathedral comprised three main periods; from 1072-1092; 1191 to c. 1250; and 1256 to c. 1300, with some alterations and additions to the towers in the 14th and 15th centuries. The Norman west front dates back to the earliest phase of the building.

Tower of the Winds (Horologion of Andronikos Kyrrhestes), Roman Agora, Athens: close-up of the marble freize that runs around the top of the tower

RIBA15870
NOTES: This octagonal tower dates from the 1st century BC and was originally the 'Horolgion of Andronykos Kyrrhestes'. It served as a water clock until the 6th century. The sides of the tower indicate the eight points of the Athenian compass, and the eight winds associated with these points are represented allegorically on the marble frieze that runs around the tower.

14 Fitzroy Square, Fitzrovia, London: a corner of the drawing room

RIBA16808
Edis, Sir Robert William (1839-1927)
SOURCE: R. W. Edis, Decoration & furniture of town houses (London: Kegan Paul, 1881), frontispiece NOTES: This is a corner of the drawing room in Edis's own home into which he moved in 1871. The wallpaper is William Morris's pomegranate pattern and the frieze was painted by H. S. Marks, R.A. on canvas pasted to the plaster.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE