NOTES: The original single aisle church, dating from the 8th century, was transformed in the 15th century by adding two rows of columns and a net vault.
NOTES: The apses, part of the original 8th century Benedictine abbey church, were covered with new frescoes in the 12th century. Some Gothic additions were added in subsequent centuries.
NOTES: This library forms part of the Cistercian Abbey of Waldsassen and was completed in 1726 in High Baroque to Rococo style.The frescoes are by Karl Hofreiter.
NOTES: This building was the seat of the University of Bologna from 1563 until 1803.