Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Frescoes

View as Grid List
Sort by

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: gallery space in the Romanesque nun's chapel of Santa Maria in Solario with the tenth century reliquary cross of gold, pearls and semi-precious stones

RIBA40314
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.

Santa Giulia City Museum, Brescia: the tenth century reliquary cross of gold, pearls and semi-precious stones on display in the Romanesque nun's chapel of Santa Maria in Solario

RIBA40315
Tortelli Frassoni Architetti Associati
NOTES: This museum, built on the ruins of Roman town houses, is located in the former female Benedictine monastery of San Salvatore-Giulia, founded in 753. It was acquired by Brescia town council in 1996 and converted into a museum by Giovanni Tortelli and Roberto Frassoni. It opened to the public in 2006. It comprises the Lombard church of San Salvatore and its crypt, the Romanesque church of Santa Maria in Solario, the Nuns' Choir, the sixteenth-century church of Santa Giulia and three Renaissance cloisters.

Museum installation of Palazzo Abatellis, Palermo, Sicily: the Salone delle Croci, with the Painted Cross by Pietro Rozzolone in the centre, and the frescoes by Tommaso de Vigilia to the right

RIBA40645
Rozzolone, Pietro (fl. 1484-1522)
NOTES: Palazzo Abatellis was built in Catalonian Gothic style between 1490 and 1526 by Matteo Carnelivari. It was a Dominican priory from 1523 until 1943 when the arcade, the portico, the south-west wing, and the western tower were destroyed by a bomb. Carlo Scarpa recuperated the structure to house the Sicilian Regional Gallery in 1953-1954.

Museum installation of Palazzo Abatellis, Palermo, Sicily: thirteenth century frescoes

RIBA40660
Scarpa, Carlo (1906-1978)
NOTES: Palazzo Abatellis was built in Catalonian Gothic style between 1490 and 1526 by Matteo Carnelivari. It was a Dominican priory from 1523 until 1943 when the arcade, the portico, the south-west wing, and the western tower were destroyed by a bomb. Carlo Scarpa recuperated the structure to house the Sicilian Regional Gallery in 1953-1954.

Museum installation of Palazzo Abatellis, Palermo, Sicily: close-up of the thirteenth century frescoes inserted into walls

RIBA40668
Scarpa, Carlo (1906-1978)
NOTES: Palazzo Abatellis was built in Catalonian Gothic style between 1490 and 1526 by Matteo Carnelivari. It was a Dominican priory from 1523 until 1943 when the arcade, the portico, the south-west wing, and the western tower were destroyed by a bomb. Carlo Scarpa recuperated the structure to house the Sicilian Regional Gallery in 1953-1954.

Museum installation of Palazzo Abatellis, Palermo, Sicily: detail of the principal staircase

RIBA40669
Scarpa, Carlo (1906-1978)
NOTES: Palazzo Abatellis was built in Catalonian Gothic style between 1490 and 1526 by Matteo Carnelivari. It was a Dominican priory from 1523 until 1943 when the arcade, the portico, the south-west wing, and the western tower were destroyed by a bomb. Carlo Scarpa recuperated the structure to house the Sicilian Regional Gallery in 1953-1954.

Museum installation of Palazzo Abatellis, Palermo, Sicily: the fifteenth century fresco 'Triofono della Morte', the centrepiece of the gallery of Triumph of Death

RIBA40688
Scarpa, Carlo (1906-1978)
NOTES: Palazzo Abatellis was built in Catalonian Gothic style between 1490 and 1526 by Matteo Carnelivari. It was a Dominican priory from 1523 until 1943 when the arcade, the portico, the south-west wing, and the western tower were destroyed by a bomb. Carlo Scarpa recuperated the structure to house the Sicilian Regional Gallery in 1953-1954.

Museum installation of Palazzo Abatellis, Palermo, Sicily: the fifteenth century fresco 'Triofono della Morte', the centrepiece of the gallery of Triumph of Death

RIBA40689
Scarpa, Carlo (1906-1978)
NOTES: Palazzo Abatellis was built in Catalonian Gothic style between 1490 and 1526 by Matteo Carnelivari. It was a Dominican priory from 1523 until 1943 when the arcade, the portico, the south-west wing, and the western tower were destroyed by a bomb. Carlo Scarpa recuperated the structure to house the Sicilian Regional Gallery in 1953-1954.

Museum installation of Palazzo Abatellis, Palermo, Sicily: corner detail of a medieval fresco

RIBA40703
Scarpa, Carlo (1906-1978)
NOTES: Palazzo Abatellis was built in Catalonian Gothic style between 1490 and 1526 by Matteo Carnelivari. It was a Dominican priory from 1523 until 1943 when the arcade, the portico, the south-west wing, and the western tower were destroyed by a bomb. Carlo Scarpa recuperated the structure to house the Sicilian Regional Gallery in 1953-1954.

Grassalkovich Palace, Godollo: fresco in the Baroque theatre

RIBA41250
NOTES: Grassalkovich Palace, designed by Andreas Mayerhoffer, was built in 1744-1748 for Antal Grassalkovich (1694-1771), a royal official of noble birth. The renowned Baroque theatre was created by Prince Antal Grassalkovich II from the former apartment of Count Kristof Migazzi, Bishop of Vac, Cardinal Archbishop of Vienna, between 1782 and 1785, transforming the southern wing of the palace. The theatre was closed during the works of 1867 when the palace was acquired by the Hungarian state to serve as the royal residence. The palace underwent serious restoration from the 1980s and the Baroque theatre reopened in 2003.

Church, Balatonkeresztur: frescoes illustrating Biblical scenes on the north wall of the apse

RIBA41254
Hofstadter, Kristof
NOTES: Balatonkeresztur lies towards the western end of Lake Balaton. Its Baroque church was designed by Kristof Hofstadter, the architect of the Festetics estates, and built in 1753-1758. The frescoes by an unknown artist were painted in the 1760s

Karlskirche, Karlsplatz, Vienna: a portal window

RIBA41315
Fischer von Erlach, Johann Bernhard (1656-1723)
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE