NOTES: The church is a mixture of periods, 12th, 13th and 14th centuries. The interior is largely Norman with reused Roman columns in the nave. The nave was heightened in the 14th century. The chancel was rebuilt in 1882-1883. The church also has a distinctive lead broach spire. The wall paintings date from c. 1130-1150 and depict scenes from the Passion of Christ (the Betrayal).