Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Fountains

View as Grid List
Sort by

Designs for the pleasure grounds, flint wall and garden seats, the monks' or French garden, rose garden, ice house, etc., Ashridge Park, Hertfordshire, for the 7th Earl of Bridgewater: section of the fountain for the rose garden

RIBA13202
Wyatville, Sir Jeffry (1766-1840)
NOTES: Wyatville (while still plain Jeffry Wyatt) was employed to alter a small house at Ashridge for the 7th Earl of Bridgewater while the new house designed by his uncle James Wyatt II began construction. After his uncle died Jeffry took over as architect in 1814 and designed large extensions to the east and west sides of the new house.

Butleigh Court and St Leonard's Church, Butleigh, Somerset

RIBA13508
Buckler, Charles Alban (1825-1905)
NOTES: Butleigh Court, designed (1845-1851) for the Very Rev. G. Neville Granville by John Chessell Buckler with Charles Alban Buckler, lay in ruins for many years until it was restored and converted into flats in 1975. St Leonard's Church was built in the fourteenth century but was remodelled during the 1850s by John Chessell Buckler.

Dolphin Fountain, Royal Palace, Caserta

RIBA13511
Salomone, Gaetano
NOTES: Luigi Vanvitelli was responsible for the design of the Palace and the gardens which were completed after his death by his son, Carlo Vanvitelli.The fountain was sculpted by Gaetano Salomone.

Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone and the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, Piazza Navona, Rome

RIBA13519
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The church of Sant'Agnese in Agone was reconstructed by Girolamo and Carlo Rainaldi in 1652, while the Baroque facade was completed in 1657 by Francesco Borromini. The Fountain of the Four Rivers and obelisk was executed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651.

Place de la Concorde, Paris: view from the Pont de la Concorde with the Obelisk of Luxor and fountains in the foreground and the rue Royale and Church of the Madeleine in the distance

RIBA13614
Gabriel, Ange-Jacques (1698-1782)
NOTES: Place de la Concorde was designed in 1755-1772 by Jacques-Ange Gabriel and redecorated by Jacques-Ignace Hittorff in 1830-1844. The Obelisk, installed in 1836, is one of three Cleopatra's Needles, the other two residing in New York and London.

Villa, Brooklyn, New York

RIBA13650
Rogers & Browne

Glaspalast, the Exhibition of Industrial Art, Munich

RIBA13843
Voit, August von (1801-1870)
Close
)
CLOSE