Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.


View as Grid List
Sort by

Piazza Navona, Rome, with Sant'Agnese on the right

SOURCE: Giovanni Battista Piranesi. Vedute di Roma (Rome, [1747?-1788]), pl. 16

Piazza della Rotonda with the obelisk fountain and the Pantheon on the right, Rome

Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
SOURCE: Giovanni Battista Piranesi. Vedute di Roma (Rome, [1747?-1788]), pl. 17 NOTES: The fountain by Giacomo della Porta (1575) is surmounted by an obelisk of Rameses the Great erected here in 1711.

Piazza di Spagna with the Fontana della Barcaccia and the Scalinata della Trinita dei Monti (or Spanish Steps), Rome

Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
SOURCE: Giovanni Battista Piranesi. Vedute di Roma (Rome, [1747?-1788]), pl. 18 NOTES: The Fontana della Barcaccia is attributed to Gian Lorenzo Bernini. The Spanish Steps were built in 1723-1726 by Francesco de Sanctis to connect the piazza with the church of the Trinita dei Monti and the Pincio gardens.

Town centre, Stevenage, Hertfordshire: the base of the clock tower and ornamental lake and fountain

Stevenage Development Corporation
NOTES: Stevenage was designated as England's first New Town in 1946, followed by the other London orbital developments of Basildon, Harlow, Hemel Hempstead and Basildon. The development of the New Towns, built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London, was overseen by Lewis Silkin, 1st Baron Silkin (1888-1972), the Minister for Town and Country Planning from 1945 to 1950. Leonard Vincent was the Chief Architect responsible for the town centre.

British Medical Association, Tavistock Square, Bloomsbury, London: the Court of Honour with the World War II memorial in the foreground

Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: The BMA building was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens, completed in 1925. The World War II memorial, completed in 1952, was designed by Stephen Rowland Pierce and the four statues Sacrifice, Cure, Prevention and Aspiration were sculpted by James A Woodford.

Hafod House estate, near Pontarfynach: wall fountain

Baldwin, Thomas (1750-1820)
NOTES: The house was built originally by Baldwin (begun 1786) for Thomas Johnes (1748-1816). A library and conservatory were added by John Nash 1793-1794. A disastrous fire in 1807 destroyed all of NashÔÇÖs work, but the house was rebuilt by Baldwin (1807-1810) retaining NashÔÇÖs library. A large extension was added by Anthony Salvin in 1846-1851 and the house was altered again from 1872. The estate declined in the early 20th century and the house was abandoned in 1942. It was demolished in 1956.

Plas Brondanw, Llanfrothen, Gwynedd: corner of the garden with Snowdonia peaks in the background

Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)
NOTES: The gardens were designed by the owner, architect Clough Williams-Ellis, in three stages: the first one between 1908 and 1914, the second one between the two wars and the third one after 1951.

Design for a fountain

Delafosse, Jean-Charles (1734-1789)

Design for a fountain temple, Nantclwyd Reservoire, Nantclwyd Hall

Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)