Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Fountains

View as Grid List
Sort by

Ealing Broadway Centre, London: courtyard with fountain

RIBA119131
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: See RIBA119107 for a black and white version of this image.

Ealing Broadway Centre, London

RIBA119133
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: See RIBA119116 for a black and white version of this image.

Distillers headquarters, Edinburgh: the terrace level courtyard with fountain

RIBA120254
Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners

Stag Brewery Site, Victoria Street, Westminster, London: Roebuck House to the left and Glen House to the right with fountain in front

RIBA122501
City of London Real Property Co. Architects' Department
NOTES: The Stag Brewery site was a development from 1962-1963 of largely office buildings and some residential accommodation to the north of Victoria Street, Westminster. Its name comes from the Watney Mann brewery which stood on the site. The resulting buildings were designed by various architects and included a pedestrian square, Stag Place. It has since been rebuilt in the late 1990s early 2000s. Roebuck House by the City of London Real Property Co. Architect's Department is the only block on the site devoted to residential accommodation. Glen House is by Howard Fairbairn & Partners.

Stag Brewery Site, Victoria Street, Westminster, London: detail of the water feature in front of Roebuck House

RIBA122511
City of London Real Property Co. Architects' Department
NOTES: The Stag Brewery site was a development from 1962-1963 of largely office buildings and some residential accommodation to the north of Victoria Street, Westminster. Its name comes from the Watney Mann brewery which stood on the site. The resulting buildings were designed by various architects and included a pedestrian square, Stag Place. It has since been rebuilt in the late 1990s early 2000s. Roebuck House, the only residential accommodation on the site is by the City of London Real Property Co. Architect's Department.

Engraving of a fountain from Franco Fanelli's Varie architetture (Paris, 1661) (top); elevation of the upper chapel of Saint Saturnin in the Cour de l'Ovale at Fontainebleau, the side seen from the Stable Court (bottom)

RIBA125204
NOTES: The drawing of St Saturnin appears to be the only detailed representation of any part of this side of the church before it was masked when the ballroom wing was extended towards the Stable Court in 1603.

Fountain of St George exhibited at the 1862 International Exhibition: sketch design for one of the four tazzas, a part of the central feature (preliminary design)

RIBA125261
Thomas, John (1813-1862)
NOTES: After the exhibition the fountain was transferred to a position outside the Bethnal Green Museum. It was largely demolished in the late 1920s.

Fountain of St George exhibited at the 1862 International Exhibition: sketch design (final design)

RIBA125262
Thomas, John (1813-1862)
NOTES: After the exhibition the fountain was transferred to a position outside the Bethnal Green Museum. It was largely demolished in the late 1920s.

Joseph Sturge Memorial, Five Ways, Birmingham: plaster version of final design

RIBA125263
Thomas, John (1813-1862)
NOTES: John Thomas was commissioned to design and sculpt the memorial to abolutionist Joseph Sturge in 1860. The Memorial was unveiled in June 1862, a few months after Thomas had died. The Memorial is Grade II listed.
)
CLOSE