Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Fountains

View as Grid List
Sort by

Palazzo Senatorio, Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome: the main steps with the statue of Marcus Aurelius

RIBA113649
Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
NOTES; This building is the official seat of the Mayor of Rome. The two colossal Roman statues representing the Nile and Tiber were formerly in Constantine's baths on the Quirinal Hill and were moved here by Michelangelo. The fountain basins were added in 1589 when the Acqua Felice aqueduct reached the hill. The original statue of Marcus Aurelius is thought to date from 175 AD, and is in the Capitoline Museum. A replica was placed outside in 1981.

Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi (Fountain of the Four Rivers), Piazza Navona, Rome

RIBA113652
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) was executed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651.

Pantheon, Piazza della Rotunda, Rome

RIBA114105
Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
NOTES: This image is from an album of postcards of views of Rome, entitled 'Roma', probably dating from the late 1890s or early 1900s. The fountain by Giacomo della Porta (1575) is surmounted by an obelisk of Rameses the Great erected here in 1711.

Trevi Fountain, Rome

RIBA114111
Salvi, Nicola (1697-1751)
NOTES: This image is from an album of postcards of views of Rome, entitled 'Roma', probably dating from the late 1890s or early 1900s.

Piazza del Popolo, Rome

RIBA114115
NOTES: This image is from an album of postcards of views of Rome, entitled 'Roma', probably dating from the late 1890s or early 1900s.

Temple of Vesta and Fountain of Tritons (Fontana dei Tritoni), Rome

RIBA114116
Bizzaccheri, Carlo Francesco (1655-1721)
NOTES: This image is from an album of postcards of views of Rome, entitled 'Roma', probably dating from the late 1890s or early 1900s. The Temple of Hercules Victor (also called the Tempio di Vesta) dates from the end of the 2nd century BC and is the oldest marble building to survive in Rome. The Fountain of the Tritons (Fontana dei Tritoni) is 1715 by Carlo Francesco Bizzaccheri. It was also named Fountain of Clement XI after Pope Clement XI (1649-1721) who ordered one to be built in his memory.

Castelvecchio, Verona: the museum courtyard with fountain and stone fragments

RIBA114749
Scarpa, Carlo (1906-1978)
NOTES: This fortress on the banks of the Adige was built by the Scaligers in 1354-1355 and the main tower was completed in 1375. The interior was converted into the Civico Museo d'Arte in 1964 by Carlo Scarpa.

Wurzburg Residence, Wurzburg: the entrance forecourt with fountain

RIBA114842
Neumann, Balthasar (1687-1753)
NOTES: Built as the palace of the Prince-Bishops to the plans of Balthasar Neumann, though modified by Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt and Johann Maxmilian von Welsch. The fountain was unveiled in 1894 as a tribute by the city of Wurzburg and the whole of Franconia (the district in which Wurzburg sits) to Luitpold the Prince Regent of Bavaria (1821-1912), who was born in the palace.

Wurzburg Residence, Wurzburg: the central entrance block with the fountain in front

RIBA114852
Neumann, Balthasar (1687-1753)
NOTES: Built as the palace of the Prince-Bishops to the plans of Balthasar Neumann, though modified by Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt and Johann Maxmilian von Welsch. The fountain was unveiled in 1894 as a tribute by the city of Wurzburg and the whole of Franconia (the district in which Wurzburg sits) to Luitpold the Prince Regent of Bavaria (1821-1912), who was born in the palace.

Wurzburg Residence, Wurzburg: the main entrance with the fountain in front

RIBA114853
Neumann, Balthasar (1687-1753)
NOTES: Built as the palace of the Prince-Bishops to the plans of Balthasar Neumann, though modified by Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt and Johann Maxmilian von Welsch. The fountain was unveiled in 1894 as a tribute by the city of Wurzburg and the whole of Franconia (the district in which Wurzburg sits) to Luitpold the Prince Regent of Bavaria (1821-1912), who was born in the palace.

Wurzburg Residence, Wurzburg: the fountain in the cour d'honneur

RIBA114854
Neumann, Balthasar (1687-1753)
NOTES: Built as the palace of the Prince-Bishops to the plans of Balthasar Neumann, though modified by Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt and Johann Maxmilian von Welsch. The fountain was unveiled in 1894 as a tribute by the city of Wurzburg and the whole of Franconia (the district in which Wurzburg sits) to Luitpold the Prince Regent of Bavaria (1821-1912), who was born in the palace.
Close
)
CLOSE