Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Fountains

View as Grid List
Sort by

Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi (Fountain of the Four Rivers), Piazza Navona, Rome

RIBA113093
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) was executed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651.

Piazza della Repubblica, Rome: the fountain of the Naiads

RIBA113095
Rutelli, Mario (1859-1941)
NOTES: The fountain was commissioned for this site by Pope Pius IX in 1870. Completed in 1888, it originally showed four lions designed by Alessandro Guerrieri. These were then replaced in 1901 with sculptures of Naiads by Mario Rutelli from Palermo.

Fontana delle Tartarughe (Turtle Fountain), Piazza Mattei, Rome, at night

RIBA113096
Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
NOTES: The Fontana delle Tartarughe (Turtle Fountain) was designed by the architect Della Porta and the sculptor Taddeo Landini in 1580-1588. The turtles were added in 1658 and have been attributed to Gian Lorenzo Bernini or Andrea Sacchi.

Fontana della Barcaccia, Piazza di Spagna, Rome: detail of the basin

RIBA113099
Bernini, Pietro (1562-1629)
NOTES: The Fontana della Barcaccia is attributed to Pietro Bernini, aided by his son Gian Lorenzo.

Palazzo Senatorio, Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome: the main steps

RIBA113105
Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
NOTES; This building is the official seat of the Mayor of Rome. The two colossal Roman statues representing the Nile and Tiber were formerly in Constantine's baths on the Quirinal Hill and were moved here by Michelangelo. The fountain basins were added in 1589 when the Acqua Felice aqueduct reached the hill.

Piazza Navona, Rome

RIBA113588
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) and obelisk was executed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651.

Statue of the Nile, from the Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi), Piazza Navona, Rome, at night

RIBA113593
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) was executed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651.

Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi (Fountain of the Four Rivers), Piazza Navona, Rome, at night

RIBA113611
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) was executed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651.

Fontana dell'Acqua Felice (Fountain of Moses), Piazza San Bernardo, Rome: detail of the basin

RIBA113624
Fontana, Domenico (1543-1607)
NOTES: The Fontana dell'Acqua Felice, also called the Fountain of Moses, is a monumental fountain located in the Quirinale district of Rome. It marked the terminus of the Acqua Felice aqueduct which was restored by Pope Sixtus V in the 16th century. It was designed by Domenico Fontana and built in 1585-1587.

Fontana dell'Acqua Felice (Fountain of Moses), Piazza San Bernardo, Rome: detail of the lion sculptures

RIBA113625
Fontana, Domenico (1543-1607)
NOTES: The Fontana dell'Acqua Felice, also called the Fountain of Moses, is a monumental fountain located in the Quirinale district of Rome. It marked the terminus of the Acqua Felice aqueduct which was restored by Pope Sixtus V in the 16th century. It was designed by Domenico Fontana and built in 1585-1587.

Fountain of the Tritons (Fontana dei Tritoni) with the campanile of Santa Maria in Cosmedin behind, Piazza Bocca della Verita, Rome

RIBA113639
Bizzaccheri, Carlo Francesco (1655-1721)
NOTES: The church, also known as Santa Maria in Schola Graeca, was built in the 6th century and incorporates two earlier structures, the Templum Herculis Pompeiani in the Forum Boarium and the Imperial Roman Statio Annonae. The church underwent substantial restoration in 1118-1124 during which time the seven-storey campanile was added. The Fountain of the Tritons (Fontana dei Tritoni) is 1715 by Carlo Francesco Bizzaccheri. It was also named Fountain of Clement XI after Pope Clement XI (1649-1721) who ordered one to be built in his memory.

Palazzo Senatorio, Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome: the main steps

RIBA113648
Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
NOTES; This building is the official seat of the Mayor of Rome. The two colossal Roman statues representing the Nile and Tiber were formerly in Constantine's baths on the Quirinal Hill and were moved here by Michelangelo. The fountain basins were added in 1589 when the Acqua Felice aqueduct reached the hill.
Close
)
CLOSE