Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Fountains

View as Grid List
Sort by

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: boys in front of a Victorian drinking fountain

RIBA110337
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the swimming pool with the Victorian drinking fountain in front

RIBA110338
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the swimming pool with the Victorian drinking fountain in front

RIBA110358
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Fontana della Pigna (Pine Cone), Cortile della Pigna, Vatican City, Rome

RIBA112793
NOTES: The Fontana della Pigna (pine cone) was a former Roman fountain which is located against a niche in the wall of the Vatican facing the Cortile della Pigna. The pine cone is bronze and four metres high. The bronze peacocks are copies of statues which adorned Hadrian's tomb (now Castel Sant'Angelo).

Fontana della Barcaccia, Piazza di Spagna, Rome

RIBA112831
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The Fontana della Barcaccia is attributed to Pietro Bernini, aided by his son Gian Lorenzo.

Fontana della Barcaccia, Piazza di Spagna, Rome

RIBA112832
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The Fontana della Barcaccia is attributed to Pietro Bernini, aided by his son Gian Lorenzo.

Trevi Fountain, Rome

RIBA112942
Salvi, Nicola (1697-1751)
NOTES: This image is one of many taken by Ivy de Wolfe, the pseudonym of Hazel de Cronin Hastings, of Italian subjects. Many of these appeared in the book 'The Italian Townscape' by Ivor de Wolfe (London, Architectural Press, 1963).

Fontana dell'Acqua Felice (Fountain of Moses), Piazza San Bernado, Rome

RIBA113090
Fontana, Domenico (1543-1607)
NOTES: The Fontana dell'Acqua Felice, also called the Fountain of Moses, is a monumental fountain located in the Quirinale district of Rome. It marked the terminus of the Acqua Felice aqueduct which was restored by Pope Sixtus V in the 16th century. It was designed by Domenico Fontana and built in 1585-1587.

Piazza Navona with the church of Sant'Agnese in Agone and the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi (Fountain of the Four Rivers), Rome

RIBA113092
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The church of Sant'Agnese in Agone was reconstructed by Girolamo and Carlo Rainaldi in 1652, while the Baroque facade was completed in 1657 by Francesco Borromini. The Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) and Obelisk was executed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651.
Close
)
CLOSE