Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.


View as Grid List
Sort by

Street fountain, Istanbul

NOTES: This image was probably taken between 1890-1910. The photographers Jean (Johannes) Sebah (son of Pascal Sebah who set up his studio from the 1860s) formed a partnership with Polycarpe Joaillier from 1890. Joaillier returned to Paris in the early 1900s, but Jean Sebah continued the work of the studio with others until 1943.

Fountain of the Gros-Horloge, Rouen

Defrance, Jean-Pierre (1694-1748)

Place Stanislas, Nancy: one of the main pavilions

de Corny, Emmanuel Here (1705-1763)
NOTES: The square was a major project in urban planning drawn up by Stanis+éaw I as a way to link the medieval old town of Nancy and the new town built under Charles III in the 17th century.

Golders Green Crematorium, London: the Robert J. Crawshay memorial fountain situated on the Hoop Lane boundary

Ernest George & Yeates
NOTES: Golders Green Crematorium opened in 1902, and was built in four phases, 1901-1913, 1910-1911, 1912-1916 and 1926-1928. George had built a house in Delahay Street, Westminster for Robert Crawshay, whose mother Rose Crawshay was a founding member of the Cremation Society.

Rousdon, Devon: the stables clock tower

George & Vaughan
NOTES: The main house at Rousdon was by George for Sir Henry William Peek and built 1874-1883, but he also designed the stables and lodges (1873), farm buildings (1874) and schools (1876) for the estate.

Karoly Castle, Fehervarcsurgo: the gardens with colonnaded wing behind

Koch, Heinrich (1781-1861)
NOTES: The castle is now used as a cultural centre.

Neptune Fountain, Piazza della Signoria Florence: detail of the horses on the base sculpture

Ammannati, Bartolomeo (1511-1592)
NOTES: Ammanati was responsible for the fountain and Giambologna the base sculpture of the horses seen here.

New Hall, Cambridge: the courtyard and fountain

Chamberlin Powell & Bon
NOTES: Founded in 1954 as 'New Hall', this constituent college of the University of Cambridge was renamed Murray Edwards College in 2008.

Palazzo Senatorio, Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome

Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
NOTES; This building is the official seat of the Mayor of Rome. The two colossal Roman statues representing the Nile and Tiber were formerly in Constantine's baths on the Quirinal Hill and were moved here by Michelangelo. The fountain basins were added in 1589 when the Acqua Felice aqueduct reached the hill.

Jardin de las Damas (Ladies' Garden), Alcazar, Seville

Resta, Vermondo (1555?-1625)
NOTES: The Jardin de las Damas was already in existence in the 16th century, albeit on a smaller scale. In the early 17th century Vermondo Resta extended and redesigned it, laying out the garden as a large rectangle with eight compartments along a central axis, as seen here with fountains at the intersections of the paths.

Jardin de la Alcoba, Alcazar, Seville: the Charles V pavilion

Hernandez, Juan
NOTES: The Jardin de la Alcoba was converted in 1543-1546 from a qubba that stood on the site by Juan Hernandez, the master builder of the Alcazar. The tiles are by Diego and Juan Pulido.

Ayuntamiento (City Hall), Plaza de San Francisco, Seville, with fountain in the foreground

Riano, Diego de (d. 1534)
NOTES: The City Hall was designed by Diego de Riano who supervised its construction until his death in 1534. He was succeeded by Juan Sanchez and Hernan Ruiz II (also known as Hernan Ruiz the Younger) who added a loggia overlooking the Plaza de San Francisco after 1560 (subsequently demolished in the 19th century).