SOURCE: Grandes constructions (Paris, 1929), vol. 2. pl. 6 NOTES: Featured buildings are: an aircraft hangar by P. Tiersch, the Bauhuas building at Dessau (1925) by Walter Gropius and the interior of a restaurant by Fred Forbat.
NOTES: Designed in Edwardian Baroque style as the headquarters of the Royal Liver Assurance group and built in 1908-1911, this was the first reinforced concrete building to be built in the UK. The building is crowned by a pair of clock towers. See RIBA4161 for a similar version of this image.
NOTES: This monastery complex comprises the cathedral of Sourb Nshan (976-991) and the small domed church of St Gregory (1005) as well as some small chapels. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The refectory is 13th century.
NOTES: The Royal Naval Dockyards were built during the American War of Independence, although most of the construction took place from 1812 and continued until the 1860s. They were built using largely convict labour. The dockyards closed in 1995 and since then many of the buildings have been converted into tourist attractions including the creation of the Bermuda Maritime Museum in the former keep area.