NOTES: Erected in 1926-1928 under the supervision of Sydney Perks, then Surveyor to the City of London, these buildings were extensions to the west of the original 19th century wholesale, fruit and flower market between Crispin and Steward Streets. The market was relocated to a new site in Leyton in 1991. These buildings were controversially demolished to make way for Bishop's Square, the mixed-use development which includes the headquarters of Allen & Overy designed by Foster & Partners and built in 2003-2005.
NOTES: This Livery hall for the Salters' Company was designed in 1968 by Sir Basil Spence, but built in 1972-1976 by his successor practice, John S. Bonnington Partnership. It replaced the previous hall in Oxford Place, which was destroyed by fire in an air raid in 1941.