NOTES: The glazing of the baptistery was designed to be replaced by stained glass but this embellishment was never executed.
NOTES: This church, built between 780 and 822, is notable for its 9th century Byzantine mosaic interior decoration. It was restored in 1450, 1564, 1832 and 1869.
NOTES: The font is fashioned from a boulder from Bethlehem. The stained glass window was designed by John Piper.
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 5: 'Religion and Environment' in Architectural Review, vol. 147, 1970 Mar.