NOTES: This was built as a private chapel-of-ease by William Halfpenny in 1741-1743 for John Cossins of Redland Court, the local manor house, but was not consecrated until 1790. A parish was formed at Redland in 1942 when the chapel became the parish church. Thomas Paty was responsible for the stone carving of the exterior ornamentation and the wooden carving on the interior, particularly that of the chancel, and for the font, executed in 1755.
NOTES: This round Norman church was built by Simon de Senlis, Earl of Northampton, on his return from the First Crusade to the Holy Land. The inspiration its construction came from the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem. It is one of the five surviving round churches in England. A nave, chancel and aisles were later added to the east of the round church between c.1180 and c.1330. The church was extensively restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1860-1864.
NOTES: The present church, the third dedicated to the Holy Trinity on this site, was designed by Henry Issac Stevens and opened in 1842. The Norman font, originally crafted for the Cluniac Abbey of Lenton, is considered to be one of the finest pieces of Twelfth Century carving in England.
NOTES: Originally an abbey church, construction began in 1182. The western end of the nave and the central tower were completed by 1193. The western transept and great west front portico were completed by 1238, the year of consecration. The older Norman tower was rebuilt in 1350-1380. It became the Cathedral of the new Diocese of Peterborough in 1541.
NOTES: Construction on the Benedictine priory began in c. 1104 but was not completed until c. 1250. The west facade was built between 1126 and 1244. The abbey was dissolved in 1539 and the surviving nave served as the parish church thereafter.