Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Fonts

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Helen and St Mary, Bourn, Cambridgshire: looking across the nave pews to the font

RIBA137437
Fawcett, William Milner (1832-1909)
NOTES: The nave is 12th century, the tower mainly mid 13th century, but reconstructed after being burnt out by Montifortian rebels in 1266. The church was added to in the 14th century, including a chapel and over the nave is a 15th century hammerbeam roof. The church was restored in 1875-1878 by W. M. Fawcett.

All Saints, Brockhampton-by-Ross, Herefordshire: the font

RIBA145705
Lethaby, William Richard (1857-1931)

All Saints, Brockhampton-by-Ross, Herefordshire: detail of the font

RIBA145711
Lethaby, William Richard (1857-1931)

St Andrew's Church, Roker, Sunderland: the font carved from Marsden stone

RIBA150039
Prior, Edward Schroeder (1852-1932)
NOTES: The church was designed by E. S. Prior and A. Randall Wells, who had been Lethaby's Clerk of Works at Brockhampton (1904). Many of the fixtures and fittings are by Ernest Gimson, notably the oak panelled chancel and the oak choir stalls. The font was carved by the site architect Randall Wells.

St Andrew's Church, Roker, Sunderland: the font carved from Marsden stone

RIBA150040
Prior, Edward Schroeder (1852-1932)
NOTES: The church was designed by E. S. Prior and A. Randall Wells, who had been Lethaby's Clerk of Works at Brockhampton (1904). Many of the fixtures and fittings are by Ernest Gimson, notably the oak panelled chancel and the oak choir stalls. The font was carved by the site architect Randall Wells. See RIBA155508 for a colour version of this image.

St Andrew's Church, Roker, Sunderland: detail of the font carved from Marsden stone

RIBA150057
Prior, Edward Schroeder (1852-1932)
NOTES: The church was designed by E. S. Prior and A. Randall Wells, who had been Lethaby's Clerk of Works at Brockhampton (1904). Many of the fixtures and fittings are by Ernest Gimson, notably the oak panelled chancel and the oak choir stalls. The font was carved by the site architect Randall Wells.

Church of St Paul's, Walsall: detail of font

RIBA150863
Pearson, John Loughborough (1817-1897)
NOTES: The church of St Paul's was designed by John Loughborough Pearson in a Gothic Revival style, built 1891-1894. In 1996 the architect Michael Reardon was appointed to re-order the central crossing of the church, to provide sufficient worship space, and include secular accommodation comprising; restaurant, day nursery, offices and a mini 'shopping mall' of six retail units.

St Andrew's Church, Roker, Sunderland: the font carved from Marsden stone

RIBA155508
Prior, Edward Schroeder (1852-1932)
NOTES: The church was designed by E. S. Prior and A. Randall Wells, who had been Lethaby's Clerk of Works at Brockhampton (1904). Many of the fixtures and fittings are by Ernest Gimson, notably the oak panelled chancel and the oak choir stalls. The font was carved by the site architect Randall Wells. See RIBA150040 for a black and white version of this image.

All Saints, Margaret Street, Fitzrovia, London: looking towards the font

RIBA157478
Butterfield, William (1814-1900)
NOTES: See RIBA132708 for a black and white version of this image.

Church of St Laurence, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire: the font

RIBA165185
NOTES: The present church is thought to date back to the 10-11th century. although there was a monastery on the site from 705. It was converted into a school and cottage in the 18th century and largely forgotten, until rediscovered in 1856. It was later restored to ecclesiastical use from 1874-1880
Close
)
CLOSE