NOTES: The nave and chancel were rebuilt in Perpendicular style by Sir Henry Heydon of Baconsthorpe at the end of the 15th century. The tower in Decorated style is the remains of an earlier structure.To be safe from floods, it was constructed as high as possible from the marsh and sea below and also acted as a lantern to ships at sea.
NOTES: This church was built in perpendicular style c.1450-1500. The 24 foot tall canopied font cover is a replacment of the original destoyed in 1643. It was designed in Gothic Revival style by the ecclesiastical architect, Frank Ernest Howard, and installed in 1935.