NOTES: Rendlesham Hall was demolished in 1950 but two of its lodges survive.
NOTES: The house was enlarged around 1750 to designs by the architect James "Athenian" Stuart, who also created a number of follies and monuments on the estate.
SOURCE: William Halfpenny, Rural architecture in the Chinese taste, being designs entirely new for the decoration of gardens, parks, forrests, insides of houses, &c. (London, 1752), part 1, pl. 13
NOTE: 'Mad Jack Fuller' built the Sugar Loaf, also known as Fuller's Point, in order to give the illusion of a church in the distance.