Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Flint

View as Grid List
Sort by

Norwich city walls: two towers along Carrow Hill

RIBA42233
NOTES: The tower on top is called the Black Tower.

Weavers' cottages, 33-35 East Street, Saffron Walden, Essex

RIBA42297
NOTES: The cottages were built in the early 19th century.

St Michael and All Angels, Booton near Cawston, Norfolk: the west window and diagonally placed west towers

RIBA48002
Elwin, Whitwell (1816-1900)
NOTES: This church, built in 1875-1891, is ostensibly a nineteenth century structure in Early English style, but it is in fact a refacing of a medieval structure. It was designed by the Rector, the Rev. Whitwell Elwin, whose family held the manor. That he acted as his own architect, builder, contractor and clerk of works may be seen in the eccentric diagonal placement of the two west towers.

St Michael and All Angels, Booton near Cawston, Norfolk

RIBA48008
Elwin, Whitwell (1816-1900)
NOTES: Built in 1875-1891 to designs by the Rector, the Rev. Whitwell Elwin who acted as his own architect, builder, contractor and clerk of works. Ostensibly a 19th century structure in Early English style, it is in fact a refacing of a medieval structure with the eccentric addition of the diagonally placed west towers.

St George, Colegate, Norwich: the tower and the west front

RIBA48011
NOTES: This church was rebuilt in Perpendicular style between 1459 and 1513. The parish fell into relative decline during the 19th century and the church, lacking good patrons to keep it in good repair, was practically derelict by 1949. It was saved by an extensive restoration programme under the direction of John Chaplin in the 1950s.

St George, Colegate, Norwich

RIBA48025
NOTES: This church was rebuilt in Perpendicular style between 1459 and 1513. The parish fell into relative decline during the nineteenth century and the church, lacking good patrons to keep it in good repair, was practically derelict by 1949. It was saved by an extensive restoration programme under the direction of John Chaplin in the 1950s.
Close
)
CLOSE