NOTES: Construction on the Benedictine priory began in c. 1104 but was not completed until c. 1250. The west facade was built between 1126 and 1244. The abbey was dissolved in 1539 and the surviving nave served as the parish church thereafter.
NOTES: Leon Krier, architect and urban planner, was responsible for the masterplan that was developed in 1989-1993. The masterplan divides the town of Poundbury into four distinctive quarters, each quarter representing a Phase. Construction of Phase 1 commenced in October 1993 and was completed in 2002.
NOTES: Clandon Park was rebuilt in Palladian style for 2nd Lord Onslow by the Venetian-born architect, Giacomo Leoni, c.1730-1733. Work on the interiors continued into the 1740s. The grounds were landscaped by Lancelot 'Capability' Brown in the 1770s.