Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Fantasy

View as Grid List
Sort by

Ceres, Parco dei Mostri, Bomarzo

RIBA5688
Ligorio, Pirro (1510-1583)
NOTES: The park was designed by the architect Pirro Ligorio for Prince Pier Francesco Orsini, known as Vicino Orsini, in 1547-1552.

Royal Pavilion, Brighton: the Rotunda or stable building

RIBA6208
Porden, William (1755-1822)
SOURCE: John Nash. The Royal Pavilion at Brighton (London, 1826), pl. 26 NOTES: The Royal Pavilion was built as a seaside retreat for the then Prince Regent (later King George IV). Originally the 'Marine Pavilion', a Neo-Classical building designed by Henry Holland and completed in 1787, it was transformed into this Indian style building by John Nash in 1815-1822. Using new technology, Nash enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's pavilion.

Royal Pavilion, Brighton: the principal entrance

RIBA6210
Nash, John (1752-1835)
SOURCE: John Nash. The Royal Pavilion at Brighton (London, 1826), upper view on pl. 9 NOTES: The Royal Pavilion was built as a seaside retreat for the then Prince Regent (later King George IV). Originally the 'Marine Pavilion', a Neo-Classical building designed by Henry Holland and completed in 1787, it was transformed into this Indian style building by John Nash in 1815-1822. Using new technology, Nash enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's pavilion.

Portmeirion

RIBA6557
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)

Pantheon or Dome and rhododendron gardens, Portmeirion, at night

RIBA6558
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)

Royal Pavilion, Brighton: the Steine front as originally designed

RIBA6608
Nash, John (1752-1835)
SOURCE: John Nash. The Royal Pavilion at Brighton (London, 1826), pl. 2 NOTES: The Royal Pavilion was built as a seaside retreat for the then Prince Regent (later King George IV). Originally the 'Marine Pavilion', a Neo-Classical building designed by Henry Holland and completed in 1787, it was transformed into this Indian style building by John Nash in 1815-1822. Using new technology, Nash enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's pavilion.

'Firns in ice and snow'

RIBA6639
Taut, Bruno (1880-1938)
SOURCE: Bruno Taut. Alpine Architektur des Architekten Bruno Taut (Hagen, 1919), pl. 10

'Valley as blossom'

RIBA6640
Taut, Bruno (1880-1938)
SOURCE: Bruno Taut. Alpine Architektur des Architekten Bruno Taut (Hagen, 1919), pl. 6

Shwe Dagon Pagoda, Rangoon

RIBA7673
NOTES: The pagoda was rebuilt after it was severly damaged by an earthquake in 1779. Its original age is unknown.

Triangular Lodge, Rushton, Northamptonshire

RIBA9194
Tresham, Sir Thomas (1543-1605)
)
CLOSE