Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Fantasy

View as Grid List
Sort by

Royal Pavilion, Brighton: detail of the domes and a minaret

RIBA5089
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: The Royal Pavilion was built as a seaside retreat for the then Prince Regent (later King George IV). Originally the 'Marine Pavilion', a Neo-Classical building designed by Henry Holland and completed in 1787, it was transformed into this Indian style building by John Nash in 1815-1822. Using new technology, Nash enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's pavilion.

Cardiff Castle: Winter Smoking Room

RIBA5265
Burges, William (1827-1881)

Cardiff Castle: Summer Smoking Room

RIBA5266
Burges, William (1827-1881)

Cardiff Castle: Summer Smoking Room

RIBA5267
Burges, William (1827-1881)

Cardiff Castle: bedroom in the tower

RIBA5268
Burges, William (1827-1881)

Royal Pavilion, Brighton

RIBA5347
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: The Royal Pavilion was built as a seaside retreat for the then Prince Regent (later King George IV). Originally the 'Marine Pavilion', a Neo-Classical building designed by Henry Holland and completed in 1787, it was transformed into this Indian style building by John Nash in 1815-1822. Using new technology, Nash enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's pavilion.

Royal Pavilion, Brighton: a colonnaded gateway

RIBA5351
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: The Royal Pavilion was built as a seaside retreat for the then Prince Regent (later King George IV). Originally the 'Marine Pavilion', a Neo-Classical building designed by Henry Holland and completed in 1787, it was transformed into this Indian style building by John Nash in 1815-1822. Using new technology, Nash enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's pavilion.

Woburn Abbey: the grotto

RIBA5361
De Caus, Isaac (d. 1656?)
NOTES: Woburn Abbey became the seat of the Russell family in 1547 and of the Dukes of Bedford from 1694. The Abbey was largely rebuilt between 1744 and 1790 by Henry Flitcroft and Henry Holland. The house and park were opened to the public in 1955.

Portmeirion seen through the entrance gates

RIBA5431
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)
)
CLOSE