Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Fantastic architecture

View as Grid List
Sort by

Cardiff Castle: Summer Smoking Room

RIBA5266
Burges, William (1827-1881)

Cardiff Castle: Summer Smoking Room

RIBA5267
Burges, William (1827-1881)

Cardiff Castle: bedroom in the tower

RIBA5268
Burges, William (1827-1881)

Royal Pavilion, Brighton

RIBA5347
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: The Royal Pavilion was built as a seaside retreat for the then Prince Regent (later King George IV). Originally the 'Marine Pavilion', a Neo-Classical building designed by Henry Holland and completed in 1787, it was transformed into this Indian style building by John Nash in 1815-1822. Using new technology, Nash enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's pavilion.

Royal Pavilion, Brighton: a colonnaded gateway

RIBA5351
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: The Royal Pavilion was built as a seaside retreat for the then Prince Regent (later King George IV). Originally the 'Marine Pavilion', a Neo-Classical building designed by Henry Holland and completed in 1787, it was transformed into this Indian style building by John Nash in 1815-1822. Using new technology, Nash enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's pavilion.

Woburn Abbey: the grotto

RIBA5361
De Caus, Isaac (d. 1656?)
NOTES: Woburn Abbey became the seat of the Russell family in 1547 and of the Dukes of Bedford from 1694. The Abbey was largely rebuilt between 1744 and 1790 by Henry Flitcroft and Henry Holland. The house and park were opened to the public in 1955.

Portmeirion seen through the entrance gates

RIBA5431
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)

Round House with the Campanile behind, Portmeirion

RIBA5432
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)
NOTES: The Campanile was completed in 1928 and the Round House, one of a pair of Baroque shops, was built in 1959-1960.

Battery, Chart Room and the Campanile, Battery Square, Portmeirion

RIBA5433
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)
NOTES: Battery Square is on the crown of the cliff enclosing the village to the south-west. Part of a group of about ten buildings, it is part of the early phase of construction of the resort. The weather-boarded Kentish style Battery and adjoining Chart Room were completed in 1927, the Campanile in 1928.

Cascade, Portmeirion

RIBA5434
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)
Close
)
CLOSE