Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Eric de Maré: Exploring Eye

Eric de Maré’s skill as a photographer meant that he could turn his hand to capturing a wide range of subjects including bridges, colour photography, Chartres Cathedral, Modernist architecture and, as shown in the gallery below, quirky and surreal images.

View as Grid List
Sort by

Central shopping precinct, Coventry: planters at lower level

RIBA2477-7
Ling, Arthur George (1913-1995)

St Edward's, Brotherton, North Yorkshire, with Ferrybridge B Power Station behind

RIBA2825-22
Pritchett & Son
NOTES: Pritchett & Son were responsible for the church; Watson & Coates for the power station.

St Katharine Docks, London: a horse and cart travelling along the paved road behind the high brick-walled quayside warehouses

RIBA5042
Hardwick, Philip (1792-1870)
NOTES: Part of the Port of London and built in 1825-1828 by the St Katharine Dock Company, this was the smallest group of London's enclosed docks. Thomas Telford engineered the docks while Philip Hardwick designed the quayside warehouses.

Crumlin viaduct, Ebbw Vale, Gwent

RIBA5065
Kennard, Thomas William (1825-1893)
NOTES: The viaduct was demolished in 1965.

Palazzo Grimani di San Luca, Venice

RIBA10557
Bergamasco, Gian Giacomo (d. 1572)
NOTES: The building, designed by Sanmicheli just before his death, was later built by Gian Giacomo Bergamasco. It houses the Court of Appeal.

Second phase of the south-west housing section, Peterlee: a stub block of single-bedroom flats over garages

RIBA10582
Marsden, A. T. W.
NOTES: Peterlee New Town in County Durham was founded in 1948 and the Peterlee Development Corporation, established that year under the direction of A V Williams, was responsible for its development over several decades. A T W Marsden was the chief architect and planner for this phase of the development.

Fernand L+®ger Museum, Biot

RIBA10619
Svetchine, Andrei (1912-1996)

Euston Arch, Euston Station, London: the demolition of the arch to make way for the new station building

RIBA18403
Hardwick, Philip (1792-1870)
NOTES: This monumental arch was controversially demolished in 1962 to make way for a new modern complex, designed by R. L. Moorcroft, Midland regional architect of British Railways, completed in 1968.

All Saints, Brockhampton-by-Ross, Herefordshire

RIBA24132
Lethaby, William Richard (1857-1931)

Second phase of the south-west housing section, New Passfield Way, Peterlee

RIBA64023
Marsden, A. T. W.
NOTES: Peterlee New Town in County Durham was founded in 1948 and the Peterlee Development Corporation, established that year under the direction of A V Williams, was responsible for its development over several decades. Victor Pasmore was head of the design team for landscaping while A T W Marsden was the chief architect and planner for this phase of the development.

Housing, 42, 44 and 50 Aberdeen Park Road and Seaforth Crescent, Highbury New Park, Islington, London

RIBA104528
Darbourne & Darke
NOTES: This scheme by Darbourne and Darke was a mixture of the rehabilitation and conversion of Victorian villas and new buildings. See RIBA104506 for a black and white version of this image.

Chiswick House, London: detail of the grand staircase to the entrance portico by night

RIBA49615
Burlington, Richard Boyle, 3rd Earl of (1694-1753)
NOTES: Richard Boyle, 3rd Earl of Burlington and 4th Earl of Cork, refronted the existing Chiswick House and designed and built the adjoining villa to display his art collection and entertain friends in 1727-1729. He was inspired on his grand tour by Palladio's Villa Capra 'La Rotonda' near Vicenza.
)
CLOSE