NOTES: Opened in 1930 by Oscar Deutsch & Associates, this cinema was taken into the Odeoen circuit in 1935. It closed as an Odeon in 1969 and reopened the same year as a bingo hall. It closed again in 1997 and reopened in 2002 as Royal Suite for banquets.
Burlington, Richard Boyle, 3rd Earl of (1694-1753)
NOTES: Richard Boyle, 3rd Earl of Burlington and 4th Earl of Cork, refronted the existing Chiswick House and designed and built the adjoining villa to display his art collection and entertain friends in 1727-1729. He was inspired on his grand tour by Palladio's Villa Capra 'La Rotonda' near Vicenza.
NOTES: Incorporating the former Premier Electric cinema as entrance hall, cafe and lounge area, this cinema was taken over by the Provincial Cinematograph Theatres Ltd (PCT) in 1929. It was renamed Gaumont in 1952 and closed as a cinema in 1963. It reopened as a Top Rank Club for bingo, later renamed Mecca, which closed in 2005. In spite of being a fine example of an early cinema, it was never designated listed status and was demolished in 2009.
NOTES: Opened by London & Southern and controlled by Odeon, this cinema was forced to close due to bomb damage incurred during the Blitz of December 1940. It reopened in late 1941, renamed Odeon. It closed as a cinema in 1961. It was then reconstructed internally for Top Rank Bowl. It was sold in 1969 to Safeway and demolished to make way for an eponymous supermarket.
NOTES: Closed as an Odeon and taken over by Classic in 1972, this cinema definitively closed in 2002. The building was converted into 'The Old Cinema Bed and Sofa Store' which opened in 2004. The original exterior remains intact and most of the interior decoration has been retained.