Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Entrances

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: the north entrance porch

RIBA137711
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: detail of the north entrance door

RIBA137715
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: detail of the door of the north entrance porch

RIBA137716
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: detail of carved woodwork on the north entrance door

RIBA137717
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

Boscombe Pier, Boscombe, Dorset: the main entrance to the 'neck' with kiosks

RIBA138078
Bournemouth. Borough Engineers Department
NOTES: The original pier dates from 1889, but was remodelled in 1927-1928 and subsequently repaired after war damage. In 1958-1960 this neck entrance was built, demonstrating a boomerang-shaped plan, with two kiosks either side of the main entrance, toilets behind and shelters at either end, seen here with sweeping canopies. In 2010 the pier was refurbished and restored by Trinity Architecture.

Boscombe Pier, Boscombe, Dorset: the neck entrance showing roof detail

RIBA138079
Bournemouth. Borough Engineers Department
NOTES: The original pier dates from 1889, but was remodelled in 1927-1928 and subsequently repaired after war damage. In 1958-1960 this neck entrance was built, demonstrating a boomerang-shaped plan, with two kiosks either side of the main entrance, toilets behind and shelters at either end, seen here with sweeping canopies. In 2010 the pier was refurbished and restored by Trinity Architecture.

St Peter's Church, Castle Street, Cambridge

RIBA138160
NOTES: The original medieval church dates from the 13th and 14th centuries. It was rebuilt in 1781, except for the 14th century tower and the remnants of a 13th century doorway, which was reset around the main entrance.

St Peter's Church, Castle Street, Cambridge: the main entrance

RIBA138161
NOTES: The original medieval church dates from the 13th and 14th centuries. It was rebuilt in 1781, except for the 14th century tower and the remnants of a 13th century doorway, which was reset around the main entrance.
Categories
)
CLOSE