Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Entrances

View as Grid List
Sort by

Saint Peter and Saint Paul Lavenham, Suffolk: the west door with knapped flint surround

RIBA137648
Caroe, William Douglas (1857-1938)
NOTES: The church was built between 1486-1525; the tower dates from 1486-1495, with the upper parts constructed as part of the second building campaign 1517-1525. The interior of the church was restored by by F. C. Penrose in 1861-1867 with further repairs and reordering by W. D. Caroe; 1909-1910.

Saint Peter and Saint Paul Lavenham, Suffolk: detail of carved stonework surround on the west door in the tower

RIBA137650
Caroe, William Douglas (1857-1938)
NOTES: The church was built between 1486-1525; the tower dates from 1486-1495, with the upper parts constructed as part of the second building campaign 1517-1525. The interior of the church was restored by by F. C. Penrose in 1861-1867 with further repairs and reordering by W. D. Caroe; 1909-1910.

Holy Trinity Long Melford, Suffolk: the west entrance door

RIBA137658
Woodyer, Henry (1816-1896)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1380-1390, but between c. 1467 and 1507 a major rebuilding took place. In 1701 the tower was struck by lightning, rebuilt 1712-1725 and later added to and encased in flint and stone by the architect G. F. Bodley, 1897-1903. The interior of the church was restored in 1867-1869 by Henry Woodyer, the nave roof and clerestory having been restored in 1828.

Holy Trinity Long Melford, Suffolk: the entrance door

RIBA137679
Woodyer, Henry (1816-1896)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1380-1390, but between c. 1467 and 1507 a major rebuilding took place. In 1701 the tower was struck by lightning, rebuilt 1712-1725 and later added to and encased in flint and stone by the architect G. F. Bodley, 1897-1903. The interior of the church was restored in 1867-1869 by Henry Woodyer, the nave roof and clerestory having been restored in 1828.

Holy Trinity Long Melford, Suffolk, the tower and south entrance porch

RIBA137685
Woodyer, Henry (1816-1896)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1380-1390, but between c. 1467 and 1507 a major rebuilding took place. In 1701 the tower was struck by lightning, rebuilt 1712-1725 and later added to and encased in flint and stone by the architect G. F. Bodley, 1897-1903. The interior of the church was restored in 1867-1869 by Henry Woodyer, the nave roof and clerestory having been restored in 1828.

Holy Trinity Long Melford, Suffolk: the tower and west entrance door

RIBA137690
Woodyer, Henry (1816-1896)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1380-1390, but between c. 1467 and 1507 a major rebuilding took place. In 1701 the tower was struck by lightning, rebuilt 1712-1725 and later added to and encased in flint and stone by the architect G. F. Bodley, 1897-1903. The interior of the church was restored in 1867-1869 by Henry Woodyer, the nave roof and clerestory having been restored in 1828.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: the south entrance porch

RIBA137704
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: the south entrance porch overlooking the churchyard

RIBA137705
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: the west tower and south entrance porch

RIBA137706
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: the west tower and entrance

RIBA137708
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: the south porch, seen from the west

RIBA137709
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: the west entrance tower

RIBA137710
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300 which are the north chapel, east end and chancel, notably the east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.
Categories
)
CLOSE