Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Entrances

View as Grid List
Sort by

Church of Santi Giovanni e Reparata, Lucca: detail of the sculpture surrounding the main entrance showing part of the frieze of the Madonna surrounded by the twelve apostles

RIBA136350
NOTES: The church was built in 1160-1187 incorporating the remains of the early 4th-5th century church on the site and traces of a Roman house and baths. The front facade (not seen) was erected in 1589.

Church of Santi Giovanni e Reparata, Lucca: detail of the Romanesque carving above the main entrance

RIBA136351
NOTES: The church was built in 1160-1187 incorporating the remains of the early 4th-5th century church on the site and traces of a Roman house and baths. The front facade (not seen) was erected in 1589.

Church of Santi Giovanni e Reparata, Lucca: detail of part of thre frieze above the main entrance showing the Madonna surrounded by the twelve apostles

RIBA136352
NOTES: The church was built in 1160-1187 incorporating the remains of the early 4th-5th century church on the site and traces of a Roman house and baths. The front facade (not seen) was erected in 1589.

Church of Santi Giovanni e Reparata, Lucca: the main entrance with its carved frieze of the Madonna surrounded by the twelve apostles

RIBA136353
NOTES: The church was built in 1160-1187 incorporating the remains of the early 4th-5th century church on the site and traces of a Roman house and baths. The front facade (not seen) was erected in 1589.

Palazzo Micheletti, Piazza San Martino, Lucca: entrance to the garden

RIBA136359
Ammannati, Bartolomeo (1511-1592)
NOTES: The Palazzo Micheletti, which is adjacent to the church of Santi Giovanni e Reparata was built in the second half of the 16th century. The distinctive rustication around the entrance and window grills has been attributed to Bartolomeo Ammannati, who was working in Lucca on the Palazzo Pubblico at the time.

Palazzo Micheletti, Piazza San Martino, Lucca: detail of the entrance to the garden

RIBA136360
Ammannati, Bartolomeo (1511-1592)
NOTES: The Palazzo Micheletti, which is adjacent to the church of Santi Giovanni e Reparata was built in the second half of the 16th century. The distinctive rustication around the entrance and window grills has been attributed to Bartolomeo Ammannati, who was working in Lucca on the Palazzo Pubblico at the time.

Church of San Giusto, Lucca: detail of the main entrance with its sculpture

RIBA136362
Civitali, Nicolao (1482-after 1560)
NOTES: The church dates to the second half of the 12th century, but built on a much earlier church. The sculptural lions have been attributed to Nicolao Civitali from a local family of sculptors.

Church of San Giusto, Lucca: detail of carved lion on the main entrance

RIBA136363
Civitali, Nicolao (1482-after 1560)
NOTES: The church dates to the second half of the 12th century, but built on a much earlier church. The sculpture has been attributed to Nicolao Civitali from a local family of sculptors.

Church of San Giusto, Lucca: detail of the Romanesque carving surrounding the main entrance

RIBA136364
NOTES: The church dates to the second half of the 12th century, but built on a much earlier church.

Church of San Michele in Foro, Lucca: detail of the central portal

RIBA136370
NOTES: The church was founded as early as 795, but the present building was largely constructed in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries, although work continued until the 14th century. The facade is a mixture of the 13th century (lower half) and the upper part (third and fourth tiers) are 14th century when there was a proposal to heighten the nave. The tiers of blind arcading which cover the upper part of the facade were also restored in the 19th century.

Church of San Salvatore, Lucca: detail of the entrance on the left hand side with its carved frieze

RIBA136430
NOTES: The church dates back to the 11th century but was reconstructed in the 12th century. The upper part of the facade (not seen) was rebuilt in the 19th century.

Church of San Salvatore, Lucca: detail of the entrance on the right hand side with its carved frieze

RIBA136431
NOTES: The church dates back to the 11th century but was reconstructed in the 12th century. The upper part of the facade (not seen) was rebuilt in the 19th century.
Categories
)
CLOSE