Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Education & science

View as Grid List
Sort by

Chaucer College, Canterbury: the accommodation blocks

RIBA148198
Howell Killick Partridge & Amis
NOTES: See RIBA148193 for a black and white version of this image.

Chaucer College, Canterbury: view of the dining hall on the left and the student lounge on the right

RIBA148199
Howell Killick Partridge & Amis
NOTES See RIBA148194 for a black and white version of this image.

Chaucer College, Canterbury: the classroom block

RIBA148200
Howell Killick Partridge & Amis
NOTES: See RIBA148195 for a black and white version of this image.

Chaucer College, Canterbury: the student lounge and dining hall with the classroom block behind

RIBA148201
Howell Killick Partridge & Amis
NOTES: See RIBA148196 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: the stained glass window in the Great Chamber

RIBA148235
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158745 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: the chmneypiece in the Great Chamber

RIBA148236
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158746 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of chimneypiece in the Great Chamber

RIBA148237
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158747 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: piece of decorative plasterwork, probably from a cornice

RIBA148238
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158748 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: the plaster ceiling with carved wooden pendants

RIBA148239
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158749 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of stained glass with a sundial and the inscription 'Baernard Dininckhoff fecit 1585'

RIBA148240
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158750 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of panelling in the Great Chamber

RIBA148241
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158751 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of panelling in the Great Chamber

RIBA148242
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158752 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE