SOURCE: John Nash. The Royal Pavilion at Brighton (London, 1826), unnumbered plate NOTES: The Royal Pavilion was built as a seaside retreat for the then Prince Regent (later King George IV). Originally the 'Marine Pavilion', a Neo-Classical building designed by Henry Holland and completed in 1787, it was transformed into this Indian style building by John Nash in 1815-1822. Using new technology, Nash enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's pavilion. The Music Room was decorated by Frederick Crace.
SOURCE: Une Ambassade Francaise (Paris, 1925), pl. X NOTES: The Ambassade Francaise was organised by the Societe des Artistes Decorateurs and consisted of twenty-five rooms arranged around a three-sided court.