Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Draperies, curtains

View as Grid List
Sort by

ABC New Regent cinema, Old Swan, Knotty Ash, Liverpool: the auditorium seen from the upper circle right

RIBA59715
NOTES: Built adjacent to the original Regent cinema, opened in 1926, this cinema closed in 1967 and was demolished soon afterwards.

Northwick cinema, Ombersley Road, Worcester: the auditorium seen from the upper circle right

RIBA59736
Alexander, John (1888-1974)
NOTES: Built and operated by an independent exhibitor, this cinema was designed by Charles E. Wilford while John Alexander was responsible for the interiors. It closed as a cinema in 1966 and soon reopened as a bingo hall. The last bingo hall, Mecca, closed in 1992. The auditorium was restored and the building reopened in 1991 as a live entertainment venue only to close in 1996. The building was designated Grade II listed status and was converted into an antiques centre in 2006. The interior plasterwork by John Alexander and many of the original details were restored and retained.

ABC Regal cinema, Lord Street at the corner of Wellington Street, Southport, Merseyside: the auditorium seen from the upper circle

RIBA59743
Glen, William Riddell (1884-1950)
NOTES: Called simply the ABC from 1962, this cinema closed in 1981. It was demolished in 1987 and a block of flats was built on the site.

ABC Regal cinema, Lord Street at the corner of Wellington Street, Southport, Merseyside: the auditorium seen from the circle right

RIBA59744
Glen, William Riddell (1884-1950)
NOTES: Called simply the ABC from 1962, this cinema closed in 1981. It was demolished in 1987 and a block of flats was built on the site.

Photographic studio, Regent Street, London

RIBA60201
Walton, George (1867-1933)
NOTES: The studio was probably decorated for Lyddell Sawyer or Henry Van der Weyde, members of the photographic group, The Linked Ring.

Photographic studio, Regent Street, London

RIBA60202
Walton, George (1867-1933)
NOTES: The studio was probably decorated for Lyddell Sawyer or Henry Van der Weyde, members of the photographic group, The Linked Ring.

J. Henry Schroder, Wagg & Company merchant bank, Cheapside, City of London: pannelling in the boardroom

RIBA60579
Buzas & Irvine
NOTES: The conversion by Buzas & Irvine of this speculative office block into premises suitable for a merchant bank involved the creation of a double-height banking hall.

Exhibition 'Flat '56' for Sanderson, London

RIBA61185
Casson, Sir Hugh Maxwell (1910-1999)
NOTES: Sanderson commissioned Sir Hugh Casson to design this flat to showcase their range of home furnishings. The fabrics and wallpapers were designed by students of the Royal College of Art, London.

Keddies Department Store, Southend-on-Sea, Essex: the soft furnishings department

RIBA63172
Yorke Rosenberg & Mardall
NOTES: This store occupied two storeys of a mixed use block: the second and third floors were used for parking and the eight top floors for offices. The store ceased trading in the mid 1990s.

Grand Hall, Ideal Home Exhibition, Olympia, London

RIBA63584
Gardner, James (1907-1995)
Close
)
CLOSE