NOTES: Closed as a cinema in 1975, this building was sold to the International Bible Students Association. It reopened in 1977 as a church. It became a Grade II listed building in 2000 during a major refurbishment. It opened in 2005 as an Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.
NOTES: Modernized in 1960 and closed as an Odeon in 1983, this cinema reopened the same year as a bingo hall. Renamed Mecca, it closed in 2004. It was demolished in 2007 to make way for a hotel, residential and retail complex.
NOTES: This cinema was designed by J. Owen Bond & Son while Eugene Mollo and Michael Egan were responsible for the interiors. This cinema closed in 1959 and was converted internally to a Waitrose supermarket which opened in 1961. That closed in 1987 and the building was demolished to make way for Gladesmere Court, a block of flats .
NOTES: Taken over by Odeon in 1937, this cinema was renamed as such in 1938. It closed in 1973 and was sold to Maple Macowards and used for shops and other commercial use. The building closed in 1990 and was demolished. Wilkinsons, a household store, opened on this site in 2000.
NOTES: Closed as an Odeon in 1967 and taken over by Classic, this cinema was subdivided for stalls bingo and a new balcony cinema in 1973. It closed definitively in 1996 and was demolished in 2002. A block of flats and retail units was built on the site in 2005.
NOTES: Originally the Theatre Royal, which had been completely rebuilt in 1886 to designs by Frank Matcham, this building was converted into the Rialto Super cinema in 1931 by Butterworth & Duncan. It was taken over by Gaumont in 1957 and was renamed Odeon in 1959. It closed in 1974 and was demolished to make way for an NCP car park.