Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Draperies, curtains

View as Grid List
Sort by

Odeon cinema, Castle Hill, Dudley, West Midlands: the auidtorium seen from circle right

RIBA59618
Reid, Alexander Budge (1905-1963)
NOTES: Closed as a cinema in 1975, this building was sold to the International Bible Students Association. It reopened in 1977 as a church. It became a Grade II listed building in 2000 during a major refurbishment. It opened in 2005 as an Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Odeon cinema, South Square, Boston, Lincolnshire: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59626
Weedon, Harry William (1887-1970)
NOTES: This cinema was taken over by Classic in 1967, which in turn was taken over by an independent distributor in 1981. It closed in 1987 following a fire and was demolished in 1999.

Odeon cinema, South Square, Boston, Lincolnshire: the circle foyer

RIBA59628
Weedon, Harry William (1887-1970)
NOTES: This cinema was taken over by Classic in 1967, which in turn was taken over by an independent distributor in 1981. It closed in 1987 following a fire and was demolished in 1999.

Odeon cinema, Asburner Street, Bolton, Lancashire: the auditorium seen from upper circle left

RIBA59630
Weedon, Harry William (1887-1970)
NOTES: Modernized in 1960 and closed as an Odeon in 1983, this cinema reopened the same year as a bingo hall. Renamed Mecca, it closed in 2004. It was demolished in 2007 to make way for a hotel, residential and retail complex.

Odeon cinema, Sidwell Street, Exeter, Devon: the auditorium seen from upper circle left

RIBA59634
Bullivant, Robert Andrew (1910-2001)
NOTES: Robert Bullivant joined the Harry Weedon practice in 1935 and was responsible for the design of the Odeons at Chester, York, Burnley, Exeter and Rhyl.

Odeon cinema, Leicester Square, London: the completed auditorium seen from circle right

RIBA59659
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Built on the site of the Moorish-style Alhambra Theatre, demolished in 1936, this was the London flagship cinema of the Odeon group, opening on 2nd November 1937.

Odeon cinema, St Albans Road, North Watford: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59678
J. Owen Bond & Son
NOTES: This cinema was designed by J. Owen Bond & Son while Eugene Mollo and Michael Egan were responsible for the interiors. This cinema closed in 1959 and was converted internally to a Waitrose supermarket which opened in 1961. That closed in 1987 and the building was demolished to make way for Gladesmere Court, a block of flats .

Central cinema, 63-65 High Street, Stourbridge, West Midlands: the auditorium seem from circle right

RIBA59683
Webb & Gray
NOTES: Taken over by Odeon in 1937, this cinema was renamed as such in 1938. It closed in 1973 and was sold to Maple Macowards and used for shops and other commercial use. The building closed in 1990 and was demolished. Wilkinsons, a household store, opened on this site in 2000.

Odeon cinema, West Street at corner of Little Russell Street, Brighton: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59686
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: This cinema was modernized in 1969. It was closed in 1973 and demolished in 1990. Family Assurance House, an office block, was completed on this site in 1992.

Odeon cinema, High Street and Avenue Road, Erith, London: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59689
Coles, George (1884-1963)
NOTES: Closed as an Odeon in 1967 and taken over by Classic, this cinema was subdivided for stalls bingo and a new balcony cinema in 1973. It closed definitively in 1996 and was demolished in 2002. A block of flats and retail units was built on the site in 2005.

Odeon cinema, Botolph Street, Norwich, Norfolk: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59691
Weedon, Harry William (1887-1970)
NOTES: Closed as a cinema in 1971, the building was sold to Sovereign Securities and demolished.

Rialto Super cinema, Penny Street, Blackburn, Lancashire: the auditorium seen from rear stalls left

RIBA59707
Butterworth & Duncan
NOTES: Originally the Theatre Royal, which had been completely rebuilt in 1886 to designs by Frank Matcham, this building was converted into the Rialto Super cinema in 1931 by Butterworth & Duncan. It was taken over by Gaumont in 1957 and was renamed Odeon in 1959. It closed in 1974 and was demolished to make way for an NCP car park.
Close
)
CLOSE