Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Draperies, curtains

View as Grid List
Sort by

Odeon cinema, Kettlehouse Road, Kingstanding, Birmingham: the auditorium seen from upper circle left

RIBA59446
Clavering, John Cecil (1910-2001)
NOTES: Cecil Clavering joined the Harry Weedon practice as an assistant in 1933 and was responsible for the design of the Odeon cinemas at Kingstanding, Colwyn Bay, Scarborough and Sutton Coldfield. This Odeon closed in 1962 and the building was converted into a bingo hall. It was Grade II listed in 1980 since it is considered one of the finest works of the partnership and one of the best surviving examples of Odeon cinemas in Britain.

Odeon cinema, 6-8 Cherrydown Avenue, Chingford Mount, London: the barrel-vaulted auditorium seen from circle right

RIBA59451
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Closed in 1972, this cinema was demolished in to make way for a supermarket and offices.

Odeon cinema, 894 High Road, North Finchley, London: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59454
Starkey, Arthur Percival (d.1946)
NOTES: Closed in 1964, this cinema was taken over by Halls garage and showroom.

Odeon cinema, 894 High Road, North Finchley, London: the proscenium with orchestra pit and front row of the stalls

RIBA59455
Starkey, Arthur Percival (d.1946)
NOTES: Closed in 1964, this cinema was taken over by Halls garage and showroom.

Odeon cinema, corner of The Bourne and Tudor Way, Southgate, London: the auditorium seen from the front of circle right

RIBA59458
Crewe, Bertie (c. 1860-1937)
NOTES: Closed as an Odeon in 1972 and taken over by an independent distributor, this cinema reopened as the Capitol in 1975. It finally closed in 1981 and was demolished in 1982 to make way for Hobart House office block.

Odeon cinema, Station Road, Sidcup, London: the auditorium seen from circle left

RIBA59461
Starkey, Arthur Percival (d.1946)
NOTES: Closed in 1944 following bomb damage to the auditorium, this cinema was reconstructed to designs by Leonard Allen and reopened in 1954. It closed as a cinema in 1961 and was reconstructed internally to become Lamorbey Baths which opened in 1967.

Morden Cinema, London Road and Aberconway Road, Morden, London: the auditorium seen from circle right

RIBA59462
Tonge, George Edward (b. 1878)
NOTES: This cinema was taken over by Odeon in 1935 and renamed Odeon in 1937. It closed in 1958 and became Kennings' garage. The frontage was demolished and the auditorium became a machine tools showroom in 2002.

Odeon cinema, Crescent West & Runnymede Avenue, Cleveleys, Lancashire: the auditorium seen from circle left

RIBA59464
Tonge, George Edward (b. 1878)
NOTES: Closed in 1961, this cinema reopened as a live theatre in the same year. It became an Orion bingo hall in 1965 and was controversially demolished in 2010.

Cinema House, 225 Oxford Street, London: the auditorium

RIBA59470
Kemp & Tasker
NOTES: Cinema House opened as a single screen cinema on 14th July 1910, designed by architect Melville S. Ward in a Jacobean style. In 1934 it was taken over by the D.J. James circuit and subsequently converted into two screens (the second occupying the original basement restaurant). This was designed by the architectural firm Kemp & Tasker in an Art Deco style. The twin screen cinema re-opened on 7th March 1936, with the original 600-seat Cinema House re-named Studio One and the new basement cinema named Studio Two in use as a newsreel & travelogue cinema. Both cinemas were served by a central paybox, located on the street. These images were taken after the conversion by Kemp and Tasker. In 1968 it was acquired by Twentieth Century Fox. It has since been demolished and the site occupied by a clothing store.

Odeon cinema, Westborough, Scarborough, North Yorkshire: the auditorium seen from stalls right

RIBA59473
Clavering, John Cecil (1910-2001)
NOTES: Cecil Clavering joined the Harry Weedon practice as an assistant in 1933 and was responsible for the design of the Odeons at Colwyn Bay, Scarborough and Sutton Coldfield.

Odeon cinema, Birmingham Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands: the auditorium seen from circle left

RIBA59476
Clavering, John Cecil (1910-2001)
NOTES: Cecil Clavering joined the Harry Weedon practice as an assistant in 1933 and was responsible for the design of the Odeons at Kingstanding, Colwyn Bay, Scarborough and Sutton Coldlfield. This cinema was refurbished in 1984 and became a Grade II listed building in 1998.

Odeon cinema, 19 Worple Road, Wimbledon, London: the auditorium seen from upper circle left

RIBA59479
Yates, Cook & Darbyshire
NOTES: Built on the site of the Savoy Cinema (demolished in 1935) this cinema closed in 1960 and was later demolished.
Close
)
CLOSE