NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors.The office for the Deputy Editorial Bureau Chief was designed by Neville and Mary Ward and Frank Austin including the furniture.
NOTES: The original theatre Gothic Revival theatre was built 1874-1879. Destroyed by a fire in 1926, it was replaced by Elizabeth Scott of Scott, Chesterton and Shepherd in 1932. But the shell of the gutted former auditorium remained until 1983-1986 when it was converted into the Swan Theatre by Michael Reardon Associates. The shell of the old theatre which survived the fire now form the foyers and bars of the swan.